Cost of living

-
...and I agree with "less about performance" and more about just driving.

I got my 318 Satellite towards the start of the "500 HP" new car era.

I decided real quick that spending thousands and thousands to get 500 HP in that car and then still getting beat by next years "600 HP" new cars was kind of silly.

I get the same thumbs up driving my 15 MPG 318 car as I did when I had a 7 MPG big block with 3.55 gears, and I enjoy it pretty much the same.

I'm in the same boat. I drove my Swinger to Mopars in the Park but only to 2 local cruise in's since. I
am losing my Mopar mojo.
A variety of reasons, no money being the biggest. That job didn't help repair the dead cars I have, so I switched jobs, and my own version of Build Mopars Back Better began. I had to pay off some debt, and then I got another car, so there went the spare money. Had a friend work on it out of state, very weird feeling, and I felt like I wasn't doing anything. For whatever reason, that turned me off to doing little things to my big project in the garage. I could have rebuilt the front end, clean paint of the wires in the engine compartment, replaced the bearings in the front hubs, etc. Then my main cruiser had the shock cross member rust enough that only one of the four tabs is still attached. Could have got one off one of my parts cars (along with plenty of other parts for another car), but I never did. The new car was retrieved early this month, and it's here at the house. I've driven it a little, just as it's about to go into hibernation. It's going to work tomorrow so it will get a few miles added. The plan is to save money for a sporty engine rebuild in late winter/early spring. I'll be cleaning and organizing the garage, and hopefully doing some things over the winter, I got a 185,000 BTU heater for free.

Jeez I'm rambling! Oh well, I haven't lost the Mopar mojo, just set it down for a bit. I'm ready to hit the garage and storage units this weekend and get some parts and cars moved to make everything easier for next year's On The Road Again program, I hope to get three old rides of mine back on the road, some for the first time in my ownership.

I can tell ya one thing i hope & pray that its not a real cold winter here in PA. I just paid $550 for 91 gallons of fuel oil...

A variety of reasons, no money being the biggest. That job didn't help repair the dead cars I have, so I switched jobs, and my own version of Build Mopars Back Better began. I had to pay off some debt, and then I got another car, so there went the spare money. Had a friend work on it out of state, very weird feeling, and I felt like I wasn't doing anything. For whatever reason, that turned me off to doing little things to my big project in the garage. I could have rebuilt the front end, clean paint of the wires in the engine compartment, replaced the bearings in the front hubs, etc. Then my main cruiser had the shock cross member rust enough that only one of the four tabs is still attached. Could have got one off one of my parts cars (along with plenty of other parts for another car), but I never did. The new car was retrieved early this month, and it's here at the house. I've driven it a little, just as it's about to go into hibernation. It's going to work tomorrow so it will get a few miles added. The plan is to save money for a sporty engine rebuild in late winter/early spring. I'll be cleaning and organizing the garage, and hopefully doing some things over the winter, I got a 185,000 BTU heater for free.

Jeez I'm rambling! Oh well, I haven't lost the Mopar mojo, just set it down for a bit. I'm ready to hit the garage and storage units this weekend and get some parts and cars moved to make everything easier for next year's On The Road Again program, I hope to get three old rides of mine back on the road, some for the first time in my ownership.
I really need to get the cars out for a afternoon cruise before it snows. It might help.

-
Back