Cost to get 500hp?

-
eric 202006 beautiful ride.. I am not computer savy i am trying to find a link or site to scuhmacher to buy 440 kit for my73 i bought a 413 71 long block and trying to find performance parts also any leads? I have a set of 906 i bought that i will use since i am on a beer budget. just having fun to do my project,

500 horsepower isnt a big deal to get. In fact with the parts out now, you can do it on pump swill and still have streetable manners. I estimate my engines at about $12/hp for 500hp. You can get more for less, but you have to do more yourself and some can, some can't.

500 horsepower isnt a big deal to get. In fact with the parts out now, you can do it on pump swill and still have streetable manners. I estimate my engines at about $12/hp for 500hp. You can get more for less, but you have to do more yourself and some can, some can't.
Yep I agree that it is dependent on what the user is capable of doing hisself. I ported my heads myself as well as gasket matched intake yada yada. Its not hard to have $1000 dollars in machine work this day and age either.

Thanks for all the help guys! It sounds like it wont be as hard as I thought to hit my goal.

Where do you get this book? I just googled it and all I found was its out of production and gone.
In your search you will find Don's e-mail, last I heard from him he said that he has them available on DVD, write him and ask, if you cant find his E-mail PM me I'll find it for you

first you need to have the car .I mean you should put as much into the car as far as makeing it work and thats not much if you know what your doing..you dont live that far from me come on down and I will fix you up cheaply.I spent mor money on a cunverter and trans then on the motor and run 11.70s any day.get in touch..Artie

first you need to have the car .I mean you should put as much into the car as far as makeing it work and thats not much if you know what your doing..you dont live that far from me come on down and I will fix you up cheaply.I spent mor money on a cunverter and trans then on the motor and run 11.70s any day.get in touch..Artie

That would be great! What all are you talking about when you say making the car work?

losen up the front end then put a little pinon angl in it.I like alot.If car is not tubed get a set of front tires off a sprint car they are around 9 or 10inch. and usely fit under a stock chasie.with the write rims.and a few tricks to the rear springs..( the tires you can get FREE if you know sumone with a sprint car.and you are in the write part of the world for that.):cheers::cheers::cheers:and dont let any one tell you they wont work becuse I know better..

losen up the front end then put a little pinon angl in it.I like alot.If car is not tubed get a set of front tires off a sprint car they are around 9 or 10inch. and usely fit under a stock chasie.with the write rims.and a few tricks to the rear springs..( the tires you can get FREE if you know sumone with a sprint car.and you are in the write part of the world for that.):cheers::cheers::cheers:and dont let any one tell you they wont work becuse I know better..
The car has the stock slant 6 torsion bars. I was planning on getting super stock springs unless you think otherwise. I also have subframe connectors that I need to install. Has 3.91's in the rear. Like I said before, Im looking for high 11's but anything faster would be great too. As for the front tires, I actually work with a guy that helps out with a sprint car team so Im sure I could get a set of front tires.

Can someone tell me what pistons are in a 72 440? Also would it be a cast or steel crank? thanks!

I think by 72 440 are all cast cranks.

Attachments

• P7110057.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 234

This is a street car that races, not a race car...lol.

The car has the stock slant 6 torsion bars. I was planning on getting super stock springs unless you think otherwise. I also have subframe connectors that I need to install. Has 3.91's in the rear. Like I said before, Im looking for high 11's but anything faster would be great too. As for the front tires, I actually work with a guy that helps out with a sprint car team so Im sure I could get a set of front tires.

Super stock spring work pretty good. I would go with a set. You can also leave the /6 torsion bars in if you want, you will just have to watch the push on turns going fast. The frame connector are a plus.

Super stock spring work pretty good. I would go with a set. You can also leave the /6 torsion bars in if you want, you will just have to watch the push on turns going fast. The frame connector are a plus.

Yea the front end is definatly on the soft side but I dont take turns hard. Mainly wanna go fast down the track.

haha. this is true. I would like it to still be streetable since I do drive it sometimes.
that what im talking about those tire I have drove in ran snow and back and forth to work get the (O83 compond hoisers) thay work best for a daly driver. I have drove cars alot more radecal then this on the street.and didnt spend alot of money to do it.but if you have money then I gess it dont matter....Artie

Do they carry the DOT number? I have to admit, I'm not 100% sure I understand what you recommended GF. But in terms of loosening the front end and running track tires (non-DOT legal...) IMO is not solid advice. Acceptable compound, tread, or whatever, in CT if you are running illegal tires (again, meaning they don't have the DOT legal rating) you can be ticketed, and in the event of an incident, you are liable for damages. It can also drive a denial from your own insurance co. It's not a money thing. It's a law thing.

Do they carry the DOT number? I have to admit, I'm not 100% sure I understand what you recommended GF. But in terms of loosening the front end and running track tires (non-DOT legal...) IMO is not solid advice. Acceptable compound, tread, or whatever, in CT if you are running illegal tires (again, meaning they don't have the DOT legal rating) you can be ticketed, and in the event of an incident, you are liable for damages. It can also drive a denial from your own insurance co. It's not a money thing. It's a law thing.
What tire do you recommend for the front that would be street legal?

Can someone tell me what pistons are in a 72 440? Also would it be a cast or steel crank? thanks!
I would almost bet the farm shes a steel crank. 74 was cast crank begining for 440s. Last 440 I bought was a 73 and she was steel and out of a New Yorker.

What tire do you recommend for the front that would be street legal?

If you have fenderwells, the tire size needs to be small diameter and width. Otherwise they tend to hit on hard turns. On your car, I'dsay measure if you have fenderwells. I see cars that can't run larger fronts, and I see some that seem to have no issues with them. In terms of street tires.. I run anything that is legal and has good tread...lol. The only trick I use is when I go to the track, I blow the front tires up to 5psi higher than the max pressure noted on the sidewall. You can run drag type race tires on aluminum wheels for the least srung weight, which is where GF is going with all this. However on a car that runs in the 12s, front wheels and tires won't give you huge gains. On a bracket car, every ounce and what kind of weight is saved or cut IS a big deal. On my street cars, tread, stability, and legality are what's important.

hello Moper;and you are write I shouldnt give advice like that wen I try to help someone I think of doing it as cheap as posable becuse I know what its like to what to go fast and not have the money.SO no they dont have DOT #s I have never had any problums that way.but he could run them at the track just mens changing them.they do work and they are free.myself and two frends are runing mid 11s and I have gone 11.08 on them.as far as losening the front end I ment with like a 90/10 shock.there to I find An old oil filled shock and make my owen.witch worked as good as the ones I have paid big bucks for.and as far as front tires I also run a chaep front tire with added air.I dont really like the drag tire on the front...know with all that siad as far as the mans car with what he has I think it should be knocking on the door of the 11s with some tuneing of the car and the motor I think he will be happy and still veary streetalbe..I have run motor veary close to it and have been well in there (with cast & steel cranks) I have had good luck with both and have never lost a motor.knock on wood and have turnt a few way over ther Limit...sorry for not getting back sewner I just got out of the hospital 3pm my time.thanks for puting up with me I just think cheap...Artie P.S if he was to come to mason dixon mopar meet we could help him.

-
Back