Cost to install power brake booster

-

Mike Price

Reaction score
Can anyone give me an idea what it would cost to install a power brake booster with master cylinder combo and a combination valve in my 1967 Dodge Dart (front disk/rear drum)?
thanks-

Cost me ~$25 net. I got a booster off a 74 Dart at PickNPull, used just the firewall brackets w/ a booster/MC from a 95-99 Breeze. You can see in my avatar at the left.

I cleaned up the booster and sold to a guy here for $15. I got a new Breeze MC (for backup) for $20 on ebay. You could pay much more.

You can also mount a modern alum MC to a Dart booster, using a 2-4 adapter plate ($30 ebay). I did so on my 65 Newport because I already had a new booster/MC from rockauto ($70 clearance, grabbed that baby quick).

If you check your M/Cyls bore size,, if it's 1 inch or bigger,, you could achieve an easier pedal by going down to a 7/8 or 15/16 master cyl,, which'll give you more "leverage", for less effort,, and better feel,,

Rock Auto has them..

RAYBESTOS Part # MC36406 More Info {Professional Grade; Bore Size=15/16" Number of Ports=2 Primary Outlet Size=9/16x20 Secondary Outlet Size=1/2x20}
Front Disc Brakes; Rear Drum Brakes;

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...117&cc=1088760

Your push rod should be fine...

hope it helps

A lot of owners have invested in power brakes before investing in a performance cam that doesn't support power brakes. Just a point to ponder.

Just curious. Did your Dart come with the front disks or did you make that conversion too?

-
Back