Could be my new place?

-
The only possible issue I see with that house is that the roof pitch doesn't seem high enough to shed snow.

You're probably right. I see some roof top shoveling in my future if it pans out. Not entirely uncommon in that neck of the woods.

Looks like a dream home to me! Have fun! toolman

Well, after negotiating a decent price I paid the $450.00 for the home inspection that revealed a ton of stuff that needed repair. I estimated the big stuff was around $21,000

Unfortunately the owners felt like they had a gold turd on their hands and wouldn't negotiate or repair any of the issues uncovered by the inspection. So I walked!..... I'm out the $ and a little dissapointed but one way or the other my move date is 8 October.

Stinging a little from this one, how many times will I have to pay for an inspection only to have the seller renig because their golden turd is worth more in their eyes?

yeah man, I was gonna say don;t get emotionally attached because the deal may turn into a bidding war or the inspection may reveal some expensive repairs but i did not want to jinx your possible purchase with negativity.

I have been looking at homes for a little while now and have become smarter and smarter each time I learn a new experience.
So far I found that the first one was beautiful, had 10 acres, very cheap but my due diligence revealed that the county was so restrictive that I would not have been able to do much of anything with the property or the modular that was on it.
They were so strict in fact that you would need a permit to cut a tree down over 2" thick and the neighbor seemed to be a douchebag that was bragging to me how he ratted out the previous owner for doing some small grading for a shed without a permit.

2nd place was a very secluded foreclosure with a double wide that sat on some beautiful acreage packed with good deer hunting as I jumped a large buck when I first looked at the place.
Bad thing was that it was fannie may home which I soon found out is basically not interested in you unless you are a minority, homeless or an investor.
They were very willing to accept my offer if I agreed to consider it my primary residence and move in within 60 days.
My realtor encouraged me to lie and just say I would but I did not want to pay a $10,000 fine if caught beating the system because they were really rushing me to sign the paperwork and close quickly before I had enough time to think and do my due diligence, inspection, survey and all that crap which made me nervous.
I told my realtor that I would have to wait until after the first look period which is 15 days after listing which is basically affirmative action period when it comes to Fannie may properties.
They did not want to deal with me because I already had a house and they were asking me why I wanted another house.
Duh, because I want to move you dumbass and I like this place better but I can't sell my other house in 60 days nor do I want to rent it out and I have plans to move the existing doublewide and build another home should I buy the new property.
I decided to wait until after the 15 day "affirmative action" period which again keeps investors from buying up all the properties, but now I would have to make an offer as an investor but I would not have to abide by the 60 day move in period and we could waive the primary residence stipulation, so we resubmitted our offer but this time was totally ignored by the listing agent and our own agent who seemed to be frustrated with me because I did not cave into her pressure so she could make her commission.
After 2 weeks of waiting for an answer I finally contacted my realtor who happens to be the President of the ethics board for realtors in her branch and asked her why nobody contacted me on the offer one way or another and she said that since she did not hear back from the listing agent that it most definitely went to someone else.

My point? Fannie may sucks the big one and don't want to deal with you if you are middle class scum.
They only cater to renters, first time home buyers with no money, and after the 15 days, they open up the gates so the investors can come in and outbid eachother while the middle class guy who really wants the place, will fix it up nice, and not flip it gets fokked over.

I will never look at another Fannie Mae home again, screw those asswipes.

Yooper,

My family has 320 acres of prime deer hunting prpoerty for sale in Northern Wisconsin that borders the Boot Lake Wildlife preserve. You could build your own house on the property. :) It's off of Hwy 182 in between Hwy 47 and 13. It's about 24 miles from Park Falls and and about 18 miles from Mercer.

Old Abe, the eagle in my sig line was captured not far from there.

If you want more info, let me know.

Yooper,

My family has 320 acres of prime deer hunting prpoerty for sale in Northern Wisconsin that borders the Boot Lake Wildlife preserve. You could build your own house on the property. :) It's off of Hwy 182 in between Hwy 47 and 13. It's about 24 miles from Park Falls and and about 18 miles from Mercer.

Old Abe, the eagle in my sig line was captured not far from there.

If you want more info, let me know.

Thanks, I already own land in the Upper Peninsula but wasn't wanting to build in this economy. I think I will move, rent and take my time looking for a place. I was trying to prevent that as I suspect everything will seem like it's on hold in my life until I find a place to set up shop.

Yooper, might I suggest that you check with local banks, and search online for foreclosure properties.

http://www.realtor.com/michigan/nbselmi.asp?st=mi&source=web comes to mind.

You would be surprised with what you might find. Places down here in the southern part of the state are selling for pennies on the dollar if you have access to cash. I assume it would be the same in the UP eh!

Example: House built not too far from me sold for 1/2 million on it's first sale. The people lost it and it sold last summer for 43.000 cash. Sits on 5 acres, beautiful large newer home with finished basement and walkout.

Might be worth a shot. You could possibly find something very inexpensive.

Yooper, might I suggest that you check with local banks, and search online for foreclosure properties.

http://www.realtor.com/michigan/nbselmi.asp?st=mi&source=web comes to mind.

You would be surprised with what you might find. Places down here in the southern part of the state are selling for pennies on the dollar if you have access to cash. I assume it would be the same in the UP eh!

Example: House built not too far from me sold for 1/2 million on it's first sale. The people lost it and it sold last summer for 43.000 cash. Sits on 5 acres, beautiful large newer home with finished basement and walkout.

Might be worth a shot. You could possibly find something very inexpensive.

Damn, someone got a deal! I have looked at some of the forclosures up there. I may have to pay more attention.

Thanks, I already own land in the Upper Peninsula but wasn't wanting to build in this economy. I think I will move, rent and take my time looking for a place. I was trying to prevent that as I suspect everything will seem like it's on hold in my life until I find a place to set up shop.

Totally understandable. Good luck on your search!

-
Back