Could you have driven to the moon and back?

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
How many cars, trucks, or whatever have you put enough miles on it to have driven there and back?

That's 237,700 miles x 2 (on average)

My 1984 Nissan truck would have just made it back. :D Barely.

PS. Semi trucks don't count. :)

I could have only made it there with the miles on my 90 Cherokee, it had 326,000 when I sold it but, didn't put all those on it.

How many cars, trucks, or whatever have you put enough miles on it to have driven there and back?

That's 237,700 miles x 2

My 1984 Nissan truck would have just made it back. :D Barely.

Several times.

My 86 Dodge B150 would have made nearly a round trip, at 462K miles

My 2000 Silverado would be well on it way back presently at 255K miles

and my 1969 VW minibus would have made a complete round trip and then some at 526K+ miles when sold!

There were a few others that would have completely more than a one way trip each make more than 250,000 miles. .

94 Dodge 2500 5.9 got 320,000 on it...basically a 1 ton pick up truck...

Interesting concept. But how could you survive out there without oxygen for that long?

Im nearing the moons atmosphere with my work truck, just about 12,000 miles to touch down. I can't wait to see what it feels like to walk on the moon

Lol I'm alittle over 523,217 miles in my 72 dart since 1998. Brother spun the odometer twice before he gave it to me in 2005 and I did it 3 times after that!! Not sure if the original owner spun it or not. The odometer finally took a dump and stopped at 23217 late last year so yea it's around a lot and after 3 engines too!!

Interesting concept. But how could you survive out there without oxygen for that long?

Im nearing the moons atmosphere with my work truck, just about 12,000 miles to touch down. I can't wait to see what it feels like to walk on the moon

Just a heads up for you then, HIT THE JAKE NOW! :D

Lol I'm alittle over 523,217 miles in my 72 dart since 1998. Brother spun the odometer twice before he gave it to me in 2005 and I did it 3 times after that!! Not sure if the original owner spun it or not. The odometer finally took a dump and stopped at 23217 late last year so yea it's around a lot and after 3 engines too!!

So you just got back then, so how was it?

What up wid dat?

I've made at least 5 round trips.

That's because some of you guys cheat.
That'd be like being a passenger on the Queen Mary in an indurance run.:D

Cheat? Cheat at what?

"That'd be like being a passenger on the Queen Mary in an indurance run."

The money drivers make
The massages at the terminals
BBQ's, fine dining and only taking the best paying jobs.

What a life.

My brother bought a 68 Barracuda fastback that was brought up from Arizona. He drove it a while and then sold it to me with 180 k on it.

I rebuild one of my trusty 318's twice in that car and got it close to 500 k before it was finally too far gone to fix anymore....

It was my "plain Jane" 318 Barracuda. It was a great car...

My brother bought a 68 Barracuda fastback that was brought up from Arizona. He drove it a while and then sold it to me with 180 k on it.

I rebuild one of my trusty 318's twice in that car and got it close to 500 k before it was finally too far gone to fix anymore....

It was my "plain Jane" 318 Barracuda. It was a great car...

So you made it all the way there and back safely. :D
Cool.

"That'd be like being a passenger on the Queen Mary in an indurance run."

The money drivers make

What a life.

What's wrong Bruce?
Still in shock and don't know what to say? :D

I put most of a one-way trip on my '66 Mustang (about 180,000- it had over half a million on it when I sold it) but I don't think I've come close with any of my other vehicles- all added together I'd make it, though lol.

"That'd be like being a passenger on the Queen Mary in an endurance run."

The money drivers make

What a life.

What's wrong Bruce?
Still in shock and don't know what to say? :D

LMAO, um....no. I must be missing something. I'm gonna have to research this a bit. :D

My first "NEW" car, the awesome 88 Horizon just made it outa the moon's atmosphere w/265,...The Dakota is at the entrace ramp to space after getting gas at the Moonoco service station where the Chevy Express is right now, ....The twins's (cherokee's), and the Spacer are a little past halfway there, ...and the Caliber and the Sierra haven't cleared the Earth's atmoshere as of yet...

Mt sister's newspaper delivery Caravan made it back (just barely), with 498 on the odo...

'95 ford ranger (mini) truck, 334,000, still getting 25 mpg gal when I sold it for $400. ran awful ragged, either woreout cam or just needed complete tune!? LOL
cummins diesels don't can't . the trunk will fall apart before the engine dies!

My uncle retired his 1988 Dakota from hauler duty with 305K.

I only put ~75K on it, but I sold my 1992 F-350 with 366K.

My wife had to scrap her 1986 Cherokee (body cracking) with 523,000 miles.

The F-550 rollback wrecker she was driving when it was totalled had 930,000 miles. Had the original turbo, transmission, radiator, PS pump, one alternator, and three original injectors.

I've got 480,000 km on my '82 Cordoba, and 450,000 km on my '02 Grand Caravan. I guess that gets me there and back.

I would have been on my way back in my old '86 B2000 at 392k when I got tired of fixing it and sold it about a year ago, still see it running around town occasionally.

My dad had a Duster with the slant 6. Being a mechanic he took immaculate car of that engine and when he gave me the car to rebuild it had 419,000 miles since the dealership. I'd like to think gravity would've carried it the rest if the way...

-
Back