Could've been worse

-

gtgto

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Decided to take my car ro work on Friday and I literally was a 1/2 mile away from my house and a turkey the size of an ostrich, well maybe not that big but it was the biggest wild turkey I have ever seen, ran out of some bushes on the side of the road. I had no time to react and braced for impact. The thing jumped and got airborne enough to clear my grill and hood and I heard a noise thinking it scratched the roof of my car. Didn't see it fall to the ground when I looked back. So I get to work and someone comes in to work after me and says my antennae is bent on my car so I go outside to take a look and the friggin turkey broke my antennae mast. It was hanging by a thread but the piece that screws in is about 3 inches long now. Could've been a lot worse and I'm glad I only need to replace the screw in part of my radio antennae.

Decided to take my car ro work on Friday and I literally was a 1/2 mile away from my house and a turkey the size of an ostrich, well maybe not that big but it was the biggest wild turkey I have ever seen, ran out of some bushes on the side of the road. I had no time to react and braced for impact. The thing jumped and got airborne enough to clear my grill and hood and I heard a noise thinking it scratched the roof of my car. Didn't see it fall to the ground when I looked back. So I get to work and someone comes in to work after me and says my antennae is bent on my car so I go outside to take a look and the friggin turkey broke my antennae mast. It was hanging by a thread but the piece that screws in is about 3 inches long now. Could've been a lot worse and I'm glad I only need to replace the screw in part of my radio antennae.
I think you’ll be fine.

hit a turkey in a big truck one time, it hit fiberglass air deflector on the roof above my head! busted it up pretty good, shop put some 200 mph tape on back side to reinforce it and let it ride!

I scored a couple of jakes in Heath Mass with my Dart a long time ago and a hen flew into the driver's side mirror of a 2013 Tacoma Sport near St George, Georgia. Anybody ever take 94 to Valdosta? loneliest road in Georgia. I might have been speeding a little but it snapped off and was hanging from the wires. Supper glued it back on and drove the truck 100K more miles and traded it in with nary an issue. Maybe just a right of passage No?

Glad it's a cheap fix. Buddy of mine years ago hit one around Thanksgiving. Turkey was still alive after he hit it. Threw it in back seat to bring home and cook. Tore apart his back seat on the way home lol. Ate the turkey lol

Wow! The Good Lord was looking over you! I’ve always compared a turkey to a bowling ball with wings. I’ve seen them blow right through windshields on cars before with catastrophic results. Used to work with a guy that caught a turkey in the chest while on his Harley. He said it was all he could do to not go off the back of the bike with the bird!!

-
Back