Counting Cars Danny

-
I just spoke to one of the guys that catered to the needs of Danny and Kevin during their stay
here in the Brighton/Quinte West area. He said that
they were the nicest guys you would want to meet. No prima donna attitude
at all. No special needs in the "motor home/trailer" during their appearance.
When asked what they wanted for lunch the answer was hamburgers.
For supper they went to a local rib place....no high end restaurant.
No special star treatment at all. As a matter fact, their appearance fee was
quite reasonable too. I have the figure but not allowed to mention.
But you can barely buy a new brand new mid size car for what they were paid.(hint)
It sure isn't the $500,000 Tim (the tool time) Allen camp wanted or the $250,000
for those Duck Dynasty boys! Think about that before you start ragging
on Danny and Kevin. I am not a fan of theirs but do respect the fact that
they don't let their stardom go to their heads. No ego here. Attachment is the lineup for
autographs that day.

You can't even see the signing booth in this picture...it's at the top right corner of this photo.

Wilson

Attachments

• 100_7031.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 285
He's been around longer than that. I once bought a complete QP, wheel tub and all. What arrived in N.J. was a giant piece of rust. He's a junkyard guy, and should stay there.

They're all good at opening the UPS boxes, I'll give them that. Really a top notch car guy would be someone like Dave Ferro in Feasterville PA, The guy is so knowledgeable he was once asked to be the main editor for Mopar Muscle. Although he doesn't have the drama training either, or that soap opera quality, he does have the ability to not return phone calls. That aside, the tv guys will steam clean a car, and send it to somebody else's body shop to be cleaned, and than reassemble the stuff, and be bragging about their work. Please !!!

come on Brother Man...stop ragging on Da Count...I actually enjoy his show now..his guys do some pretty nice work.

Has anyone managed to catch God, Guns and Automobiles? Wow, there's an interesting fella. I've been working for dealerships for 30 years now, and he's the kind of guy the industry is trying hard NOT to be like anymore. 'Old tyme car business' he says in the intro to the show. I'm sure it's scripted drama, but I saw a customer come in his store (a friend of his he called him) looking for a hybrid to be good on gas and the environment, instead this joker tells him he needs a V8 Hemi pickup, then proceeds to take the customer on a test drive in the pickup and do burnouts in a field, scaring the crap out of him. Yeeeee--haw, ain't reality TV a hoot! :banghead:

Was at a car show,looked up and there he was.

EZ guys- he is in the business to make $$$ Ilike how he does stuff for charity benefit- and does deals for veterans and people doing cars in memory of loved ones- I think he treats a lot of folks good- and straight---

I missed it. I was going to see the cars and if i ran across Danny great. Nice pics and great you went.Someday i will make at least one dam car show:banghead:

I just spoke to one of the guys that catered to the needs of Danny and Kevin during their stay
here in the Brighton/Quinte West area. He said that
they were the nicest guys you would want to meet. No prima donna attitude
at all. No special needs in the "motor home/trailer" during their appearance.
When asked what they wanted for lunch the answer was hamburgers.
For supper they went to a local rib place....no high end restaurant.
No special star treatment at all. As a matter fact, their appearance fee was
quite reasonable too. I have the figure but not allowed to mention.
But you can barely buy a new brand new mid size car for what they were paid.(hint)
It sure isn't the $500,000 Tim (the tool time) Allen camp wanted or the $250,000
for those Duck Dynasty boys! Think about that before you start ragging
on Danny and Kevin. I am not a fan of theirs but do respect the fact that
they don't let their stardom go to their heads. No ego here. Attachment is the lineup for
autographs that day.

You can't even see the signing booth in this picture...it's at the top right corner of this photo.

Wilson
Agreed...........Also look at the cars and all that are being done. No matter what brand they are ..there saved:cheers:

I watch Counting Cars and Fast and Loud I need the comedy from Fast and Loud.

I like watching Counting cars because Danny does go out of his way to help friends and veterans.
Again I watch for entertainment value.

Point is they have to script these shows to some extent or they wouldn't work on TV period. Its entertainment, people have to realize that. Danny does a lot for vets and charities and seems like a good guy. The Fast and Loud guys don't pretend to be anything but car flippers...they are funny and the show is entertaining. Rawlings has a pretty cool background (Cannonball stuff etc). Face it if we could turn our car addictions into $$$$$ we would all be onboard.

Hey, they sure beat 'Dancing With The Stars' which is what's playing on the other TV on a Monday night where I live.

i thought the one at Moparfest was a 70 Charger ??

Hey Clint... Hows it going?

It looks like the same car to me.... LOL

There is no mistaking that "mean bird"!

Here's a couple of pics I took of it at Moparfest.

Attachments

• DSCF1644 (Copy).JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCF1645 (Copy).JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF1646 (Copy).JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCF1647 (Copy).JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCF1649 (Copy).JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 193
Captain Canuck: That is the same car. The owner's name is Angelo. I
organized a cruise night the night before the Applefest show in Trenton
and he showed up with a few other car buddies. He is not afraid to drive the
car. We did a few actual cruises around town and down the local highway
and he came along for the 10 mile long ride!
Nite Moves..you should of come out for the cruise night being you are just
down the road in Belleville. It was insane that night for the number of cars
that showed up. I had it advertised here on the site.
Will be doing it again next year. Come join us.....

Attachments

• applefest.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 186
I saw Richard Harrison Sr. / the Old Man from Pawn Stars at Mopars At The Strip, a few years back.

I had no idea who it was, until I watched an episode, about a month after I came back, then I realized that I had a conversation with someone who was regularly on Television about full size mopars. It was nice talking to someone who had shared appreciation for them and knew enough about them to have a chat with.

Arron would probably trans-plant an old greasy chevy motor in your car, or a ford crate. Richard would be too busy making certain his perfect plastic hair helmet is in order, while he writes you a bill for a bizillion dollars. I wish one of these fella's would come to my house, and offer me 5 bucks for my car, because it's not his favorite color, and it's going to cost $5000 to bondo over the rust, and apply house paint to the car.

Missed this post when it was made somehow, I like counting cars and danny, not knowing them on a personal level, but seem like easy going laid back, normal people that you could just hang out with. The Scott guy think his name is? The one that's always bitching about the money irritates me and needs to be told STFU but I am pretty sure that's just for the show.

I really like fast n loud. to me they do restos that the average guy could aford to do.

I'd rather meet Mike and Ed, the two Brits on Wheeler Dealers. They seem like genuine good guys. I also like the 2 guys on Velocity with the big white dog. They do practical restos, without opening many free boxes from high-dollar vendors. Don't say where they are, but sure looks like north Florida where I grew up.

-
Back