Couple cool pics of my Demon

-
Very awesome,I read some of this last week and got the motivation from the pic's to start on my demon,that is one awesome piece of art you have there!!!

Couple little progress pics of the cage....not built for class spec. Just for safety and the "cool" factor. I should say a cage "re-do".....as this is its third version. Keeping the backseat now so the rear bars gotta move out of the head area of the passengers. Not a bad pic of the vintage air and wiper motor under the dash either

Also as a pic looking down the rear. Front and rear driveshaft safety loops made out of 3/8"x2" flat bar.

4-2-09 updates 004.jpg

4-2-09 updates 008.jpg

4-2-09 updates 007.jpg

4-2-09 updates 013.jpg

I am verrrry jelous, what do you have in there for a tranny? And be advised i will copy everything from your build that I can so post lots more pics.
GREAT WORK
Andrew

Literally jaw-dropping. The right combination of mods, tweaking the original style, ( is there even a word for it?) the whole concept, thinking outside the box, people who have that talent blow me away! Some are executed better than others..this one looks killer. Waiting to see what stealthy color you're gonna use.

I am verrrry jelous, what do you have in there for a tranny? And be advised i will copy everything from your build that I can so post lots more pics.
GREAT WORK
Andrew

LOL!..

Trans is a paddle shifted 4l65e......not much left stock internally in it. Havent bought the torque convertor, waiting til final motor specs. That will be down the road.

Truely a piece of art in all aspects. Nice work.

OK, no doubt, the car "looks" awesome, but just one question. Do you plan on doing any sharp corners? Unless you do some serious mods on the front fenders, you are going to tear them off when the tire hits them in a sharp turn. Other than that minor observation its a great looking project.

OK, no doubt, the car "looks" awesome, but just one question. Do you plan on doing any sharp corners? Unless you do some serious mods on the front fenders, you are going to tear them off when the tire hits them in a sharp turn. Other than that minor observation its a great looking project.

Plan on driving the wheels off it!!....still gotta roll/trim the fenders, the alignment is way off now also. It will be close though, modifying the fenders extensively is not outta the question when I get to the exterior.

Not too mention the pics were re-sized so it's not as close as it looks.

RJ,
In all seriousness I am having the same conflict with having a back seat. The horiz bar would either be just at the back of the front seats, keeping passengers from getting in the back. Some sort of horiz bar or sholder height atachment point is needed for the four point harness, how are you going to deal with that?
Oh and pardon my ignorance but what exactly is a 4165e tranny?
Andrew

RJ,
In all seriousness I am having the same conflict with having a back seat. The horiz bar would either be just at the back of the front seats, keeping passengers from getting in the back. Some sort of horiz bar or sholder height atachment point is needed for the four point harness, how are you going to deal with that?
Oh and pardon my ignorance but what exactly is a 4165e tranny?
Andrew

4l65e is a GM 4sp automatic....put behind trailblazer ss/new GTO/Tahoe.

Keeping a backseat would be better in the event of selling the car, IMO. My original cage was more of a traditional, backseat delete setup. This time (hopefully last) the harnesses are gonna be hung from the main halo. These cars a short enough inside to have the belts at a decent angle....not the ideal 90degree off the shoulders. Floor mounting them is not an option as I like my spine intact in the event of a crash. A removable bar behind the rear seats is an option, but I like the halo mount better.

Should be doing those next week....we will see how it goes.

Two question, actually more like a hundred but I'll stick to two for now :grin: What did you have to do to mate a GM trans to a Mopar motor? What are you using as a paddle shifter set up? I love this car but as mentioned before totally out of my league in every way, I'll aim for the poor man's version :grin:

Two question, actually more like a hundred but I'll stick to two for now :grin: What did you have to do to mate a GM trans to a Mopar motor? What are you using as a paddle shifter set up? I love this car but as mentioned before totally out of my league in every way, I'll aim for the poor man's version :grin:

Quicktime has a bellhousing coming into production in the next month. Right now a mock up adapter is in there. They have lots of applications for Mopar/GM/Ford transmissions

Paddle shifter (on order) is from Twist Machine......works with electronically controlled transmissions.

No problem with the questions or criticisms.

Thanks, you won't be getting any criticism from me, just admiration :grin: I'm going to try very hard to get that kind of stance for my Duster without going over the top with fabrication. The paddle shifter is an appealing idea for one of my other projects that has modern running gear. I'm really looking forward to watching this build, keep the updates coming :grin:

Masterpiece!!!! I have always been a bit leary of the restomod thing.maybe until now..........wicked ccool man!

RJ,
a few more questions:
so this is along the same line as a Keisler setup?
Are you going with buckets or a bench in back?
How far did you tub the rear wheel housings? And how big a tire do you plan to run?
Anrew

RJ,
a few more questions:
so this is along the same line as a Keisler setup?
Are you going with buckets or a bench in back?
How far did you tub the rear wheel housings? And how big a tire do you plan to run?
Anrew

Keisler calls their's a A41 (I think) but it's a 4l60e transmission. This 4l65e is just a little beefier. A lot of Keisler's kit wouldnt work or isnt what I wanted.....they wouldnt sell me jus the parts.

Probably a bench seat in the back....havent put much thought into the backseats yet tho. I know it's gonna take a bunch of modifying to get the stock lower half in there.

The underside is painted with DP90 from Glasurit.....epoxy primer. Some things have since the pics, but the tubs are the same

Rear is minitubbed to the frame rail and the tubs are almost 2" higher into the car.....I am running a 345mm wide tire. Pic of the minitub

100_1094 (2).JPG

100_1095 (2).JPG

Your car is looking so bad ***,,,great fab work, the stance looks killer

The cage is done being fabb'd. Used 2 1/2 square tubing tied thru the frame for the trunk bars.

Next week, all the stainless hard lines should be done. Using stainless for everything..brakes,AC,Pwer steering,fuel lines. All with black fitttings, except a few weld on fittings. This stuff wasnt cheap.....damn

The wheel tub not fitting tight against the quarter is actually not as it appears.....the black epoxy on the underside got thru as it is not seam sealed.

4-8-09 demon cage 002.jpg

4-8-09 demon cage 017.jpg

4-8-09 demon cage 001.jpg

4-8-09 demon cage 012.jpg

-
Back