Couple progress pics.

-
I dont see one thing wrong with it. Dolphin suits better than Delco or Philco LOL. Are those instruments well lighted ?

Yes, the speedo has one big peanut bulb and socket, and the quad gauge has two bulbs, both very similar to the original bulb sockets.

firewall3.jpg

firewall2.jpg

Really, really, really, really, really want to paint the motor next weekend.

I tested this aircraft paint remover i got the the parts store, and it is wicked nasty stuff that just bakes the paint, your skin, lungs and whatever else it comes in contact with.
Nasty, but works well.
I just have to go easy near the gaskets because I'm not sure if it will seep into the cracks and eat the gaskets away.

John you are the man!

The dash looks great. Has a classic look to it but a mean street also.

The fuse box location is a great idea. No more break your neck fuse changes.

And to see you have a motor means it won't be long! LOL!

Great job!

Thanks 'Ax.
These are the gauges I really wanted, but they were a bit out of my budget.

autometergauges.jpg

I'd love these in black face as they look like they'd be awesome in a barracuda dash.

I hope one of the more monetarily secure members on fabo stuff a couple of these in an A-body dash.

just noticed you must really love the color orange to paint the torsion bars.

Nope, that's the way they came powder coated red and all from PST.

That master cyllinder you see there cost $15.oo at Advance auto parts.
The heater core was $45.oo at Advance also.

Their stuff is always cheaper than any of the big name vendors.

I'm getting a grant steering wheel and my autometer tach from them as well.

The district manager of the store owns a 69 notchback 440 and I need to talk to him now that I think of it.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm stealing that dash idea when I get started on my 68 cuda vert. That dash looks awesome:notworth:

I hope you don't mind, but I'm stealing that dash idea when I get started on my 68 cuda vert. That dash looks awesome:notworth:

No prob, just be careful not to cut the holes too big where the gauges sit because you need that inside lip for the gauge bracket and the speedo hole does not leave you much material to work with without snapping the lip completely off.

Boy oh boy you sure did screw that car up, your not ganna win any trophies in the stock restoration class with that pile geez. :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Damn I love that car the color and stripes are perfect! Do you have anymore pics of the fuse pannel? Im going to go ahead and steal that idea and claim it as my own for my 53 Mercury pick up. I want to hide every wire that I can in that truck. Great lookin car!! :cheers:

Thanks for the info on the hood and tires, much appreciated!

Glad to help.

360 scamp, I think I posted every pic I took of the fuse panel so you guys can see how it was done.

That's my other favorite part of this hobby. Sharing as much information as I can with others because I always have so many questions myself.
One can never post enough pics, and thanks for you kind comments guys, I will be sure to let my buddy Nick know you guys love his craftsmanship.

i have been waiting for the progress on this car. the suspense has been killing me almost since i signed up. you're doing an awesome job!! the dash especially. it looks great.

What can be said about this great car that has nit been said yet:rock:

YOU SURE HAVE THINGS GOING ON :thumbrig::love4:

That barracuda will be the front and the top shelf build of the year.
You have been sharing some good mods :thumbrig:and I sure like your direction it is going in.

Keep doing what you are doing bud :blob:
I can't take my eyes off of her.:cheers:

I noticed almost immediately after setting the car down with the motor and trans installed that I had an oil leak hopefully from the trans and not the rear main.

I quickly found that it was trans dope.

I finally got around to pulling the trans and found that my front imput shaft bearing retainer was cracked at one of the bolt hold down areas.

I guess the fluid flowed freely from this hairline crack and here are the pics.

This is the old bearing retainer.

bearingretainer1.jpg

This is the new billett steel retainer I got from brewers performance.
It cost $106 with shipping, expensive yes, but this sucker should never break at the bolt holes or at the base of the collar like the stock ones do.

billettbearingretainer.jpg

Here's the trans freshened up with some aluminum rattle can paint.

trans.jpg

Hopefully I will be able to get the trans in this weekend and take it for a spin with the video camera ready and able.

I have been dying to share with you guys the video we took when I first drove it but my buddy is missing a transfer cable for his camera.

I tuned the carb the other day, and wasted about 1/8 of a tank of fuel in about 10 minutes....Doh!!!

Yeah this car is gonna be fun, but 100 octane is not cheap, nor found at most gas stations which will be my next question in another thread.

Glad to see that leak fixed. My buddy just replaced his bearing retainer due to it breaking the whole collar off.

Glad to see that leak fixed. My buddy just replaced his bearing retainer due to it breaking the whole collar off.

Yeah, that's what happened to my original one and I noticed that right before i bolted it in so my buddy just happened to have an extra one lying around but it was either cracked or I cracked it when I torqued the bolts down.

-
Back