-

9secRR

Reaction score
My garage is full of mopar awesomeness lol

355” W2
414” Aluminum A W8
416” R3 W9

IMG_0313.jpeg

Can you tell me more about the W8? I've always been intrigued by the alu small block.

Can you tell me more about the W8? I've always been intrigued by the alu small block.
Small Bullet roller cam, good compression, CFE tunnel ram with toilets, Fowler aluminum rods, dry sump. Very mild combo to be honest.

I’m about to finish up my 355 engine. I’ll have the 3.45 stroke crank in a 360 block with a Bill Richardsons bearing spacers to allow the small journal crank in a 360.

The 355” kit is a darn good piece. I’ve had it in 3 different blocks over the years

Cool stuff !!!! quite a few years ago I talked to Ryan ( Shady Dell ) and before his problems about switching from a Victor intake to an Indy intake on my W2 headed 360 and he told me it wasn't worth doing the change. Interesting seeing your results! I really like my W2 heads I have had them for over 25 years and on a few different engine combos including my current 410. I had an Indy headed 408 that I recently sold ( broken crank ) I like the W2s much better than the Indys.

Nice stuff! What'd you do for a front suspension on the late RR? What does the car/driver weigh?
Some old shocks from the early 90’s. The sticker on the shocks is still there but so faded I can’t make out what brand it is. Rack and pinion steering.
With me in the car it’s 2700 lbs.

Cool stuff !!!! quite a few years ago I talked to Ryan ( Shady Dell ) and before his problems about switching from a Victor intake to an Indy intake on my W2 headed 360 and he told me it wasn't worth doing the change. Interesting seeing your results! I really like my W2 heads I have had them for over 25 years and on a few different engine combos including my current 410. I had an Indy headed 408 that I recently sold ( broken crank ) I like the W2s much better than the Indys.
I was surprised how good the Victor did. It was no ported or even gasket matched. Bone stock. The Indy is gasket matched.

I’m surprised it’s not port matched. Not that it’s the end all or an absolute need to do so.

The one thing I did think of is since I run mechanical injection, the taller runners of the Indy don’t matter? I’m not mixing any fuel with the air until the bottom of the runners. The intake is only acting as a door for the air.
Maybe if I was running a carb, the Indy might have picked up some? I don’t know, just a though.

Maybe. I think so. The fuel coming down the intake and runners will have that cooling effect but to what degree, IDK. The engine masters show may have some good food for thought on that issue.

Do you cool the fuel any before the injectors? IDM if that would help any ether. Just thinking out loud.

Your shop sounds like the place to be right now, great stuff!

Maybe. I think so. The fuel coming down the intake and runners will have that cooling effect but to what degree, IDK. The engine masters show may have some good food for thought on that issue.

Do you cool the fuel any before the injectors? IDM if that would help any ether. Just thinking out loud.
No I don’t cool the fuel.

W9’s are lite compared to W8’s. Almost 6 lbs.
W9’s came in at 37.2
W8’s came in at 43

IMG_0322.jpeg

IMG_0323.jpeg

Many years ago on one of my small blocks ( don't remember which one I have had 7 ) While it was on the dyno we did a manifold test : I had a gasket matched Strip Dominator we switched to an out of the box Victor and it picked up 13 h.p. using one of my 750 hp double pumpers. ( picture is my current W2 head 410 on the dyno a few mounts ago )

6D061E35-D615-43A8-BD87-A7B4262FA200.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back