Cowl hood

-
I believe what he was saying is Cowl induction hoods are not considered Mopar and that if you put one on a Mopar you're making it look like a Chevy in which that's not good by no means.

I believe what I was saying was go to a Chevy site...there is an abundance of ads for cowl induction hoods and scoops. Since these companies don't just build one brands', hoods... you will find what you are looking for if it exists.

Hmm, I wonder which one really is the dilhole or the jackass

My post was made in good faith, and yes I was more than a little pissed off by the responses I got. Was it the best way to handle the situation? probably not. Do I honestly care what hood someone puts on their Valiant? Not in the slightest.

I don’t care for cowl induction hoods on much of anything except the cars that came with them…. 70-72 Chevelle, 69 Camaro…..

I really dislike cowl hoods on 67-68 Camaros…. (they didn’t come on them but many think they did)….. 70 and later Camaros with cowl hoods are the worst…..

For info on how a “functioning” Cowl Induction system works…… Read this.

http://www.camaro-untoldsecrets.com/articles/article_fs.htm

I am a die hard Mopar guy, I am tired of aero scoops, and Mopar 6 pack scoops. They look great, but been there done that.I think aero scoops look stupid on farily stock cars, and older square cars,but on a low stung tube chassis car or Pro Stocker it looks awesome.
I am building a mid 10 second Valiant (my motor went 9:50's in a Daytona), and I love the look of a 4" cowl. I am not militant about my car stuff, my wife has a bad *** 69 Camaro street, but drag races a 71 Dart (with a 6 pack scoop).
Sorry, but this should get the juices flowing. Get your heads out of the box. The future is now.It's what YOU like, not what is cool. Besides,no scoop will make a car fast.

cowl hoods work just fine. I agree that a cowl hood on a mopar is silly. but they do work. I just hate it when guys put a big cowl hood on their car but dont have any big induction system under the hood to back it up.
Show me one test where a cowl induction scoop worked.The reason they stoped using them in the 70s is tests showed they didn,t work.In the 90s and 2000s it was the cheapest scoop and one of the only scoops you could get.

Mine looks pretty bad *** on my 66 valiant IMO. Who gives a **** if it's not a Mopar hood scoop.

RubyValiant012.jpg

RubyValiant015.jpg

Show me one test where a cowl induction scoop worked.The reason they stoped using them in the 70s is tests showed they didn,t work.In the 90s and 2000s it was the cheapest scoop and one of the only scoops you could get.
Show us one test where it didn't.

I'm sorry, but cooler air makes more power than underhood hot air. No matter how you get it to the carb. So Mopar never made cowl induction; Your opinion of looks wasn't asked by the op.

ok there is a glass hood with no hood scoop made but i cant remember where its like 500 bucks thats all i have seen them make ive been looking for a scoop for my cuda

Thanks for the pictures of the Mopars with crowl hoods, they look bad ***, and modern.While looking for a Mopar to buy, I founds tons of Mopars running deep 9's,mid 8's and some high 7's with crowl hoods.
Again, my words were not a slamb on people that like other types of scoop, just personal preference, and I can see I am not alone.
Unlimited Fiberglass in California has quality products with 1/2 off shipping. I have my hood on order from them.I have also bought products from them in the past and was very pleased.They make flat hoods also.
Cheers

-
Back