Cowl hood

-
will you guys stop fighting? its someone's idea, if you dont like it then dont comment, its that easy

Someone does make it i have seen it on tons of mopars and I thought about doing it myself there are a couple of dusters that run low 9's at milan and it just a nice scoop sorry i am die hard mopar but chevy has there nice cars also...

will you guys stop fighting? its someone's idea, if you dont like it then dont comment, its that easy

Absolutely! If you don't like it, don't do it. AMC dude, AMC. (Ain't My Car) applies here. I happen to personally hate forward hood scoops, it's a personal thing, I'd rather just have a flat stock hood but I needed clearance on the Scamp and a 73 Charger power bulge hood just isn't available so it got a Jegs scoop. Is that a brand x part? I hate to see how I'm going to get slammed if I put a 9" rear in the car or a powerglide. Sad, just plain sad.

369387029.jpg

How about these wheelie bars, are they considered non Mopar? Or the cage, or four link? How about the Strange struts and brakes?

368272108.jpg

Oh damn!!! Dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians, those tail light lenses are not original Mopar!!!

its car let him do what he wants if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all

at least he owns a mopar and i saving it from the crusher as are the rest of us

Do not buy from Unlimited or UP 21 same company, I did It is the worst fiberglass product ever. They would stand behind a sick cow before they would stand behind there products.. JUNK.

Agreed! I did the same thing, and while it looks good now, it took way too much time and money to make it worth anything. Do NOT buy from Unlimited/UP21.

FinishedDriverside.jpg

Hey guys, I was not trying to start a hate war, because believe me I HATE chevy just as much as the next guy. I grew up in a Mopar or nocar family. I was just asking about a simple scoop type hood because I am building a turbo /6 that will sit a little to high and I definetly do not want to run with no hood.

Also thank you ramenth.

And outsider, being a "senior" member, you would think that you would present yourself with a little more professionalism and be a little more mature when someone brings up an idea. After all that's what forums are for, to ask questions and get answers. Not be a dick to everyone because you think you know everything.

cowl hoods are kinda played out in my opinion. there are better looking/more tasteful options out there

Yocar before Mopar. I think cowls look good on all cars. Just not the tall ones. Shaker is best looking IMO. Yo(ur)car your choice.

I wasn,t going to comment on this.ButWill someone show where a Cowl hood makes a differance in performance.Even the chevy guy back in the day stoped using them.They just became popular in the ten yearson fords.Even the famous bill jenkins who started Cowl hood went back to front facing hood scoops.Also why do you want to look like someone elses car.A dart with a Cowl hood looks like a novaMaybe it,s me but I like to look differant and mopars are rare and have there own look.I just can,t see me going down the street with my barracuda and someone asked what year is that mustang. Mark

You know, it doesn't make any difference. Each person has the look that they want from their car, regardless of make, model, or whatever, and its their choice as to how they achieve that look. Cowl hood, 9 inch ford, whatever, its the OWNERS choice. I answered his question and provided a source for not only the cowl hood but other options for MOPARs on the same site. Whatever he decides, good for him. Just don't let someone elses rantings dictate what you want to do with your car. Its the owner that has to be happy with the look and to hell with what anyone else thinks!!!

since you are only needing a bit of clearance, and the scoop isn't really there for functionality per se, how much height do you need to gain?
can you Plumb the turbo so it isn't so high?
have you considered a repop Max Wedge type scoop, it would look more period correct for the car, and save you from making your car look like a Nova.

i do really beleive in keeping a mopar all mopar and a ford all ford... etc. BUT when i buy ur first car to do anything to what did u do? well i know i wanted it to be the coolest and most unique car at my HS. isn't that why we are mopar guys and gals?! because we broke the norm of ford and chevy and cough import. i'll admit i had a friend with an 80's fox body and he was junking it and so i got the scoop. and to be honest it matches the hood and car design. My point is that a car is part of u and unless ur gona let somebody tell u who u are do what u want how u want

thats my 2 cents

1022091458.jpg

And outsider, being a "senior" member, you would think that you would present yourself with a little more professionalism and be a little more mature when someone brings up an idea. After all that's what forums are for, to ask questions and get answers. Not be a dick to everyone because you think you know everything.

Look you little dilhole... I merely made a quick suggestion. I have not in any way demeaned or belittled your question. I am NOT Mopar or no car, and never have been. Why don't you go back and read my post jackass.

It basically boils down to function; not pretty cosmetics, like your wife/girlfriend buys.

wow, really guys? maturity just became a factor, here, resorting to name calling, hell im 15 i dont even do that, way to go

Since the cowl induction hood is a Chevy thing...try a Chevy site.

Some one on a Chevy site will have a cowl induction scoop. I have never seen a replacement hood for a '64 plymouth A-body, let alone a scooped hood...so you will likely have to buy the scoop and bond it to your hood. Go to a Chevy site...find a cowl induction hood scoop buy the thing and build it.

Look you little dilhole... I merely made a quick suggestion. I have not in any way demeaned or belittled your question. I am NOT Mopar or no car, and never have been. Why don't you go back and read my post jackass.

Hmm, I wonder which one really is the dilhole or the jackass

why does there always have to be someone who starts the fight? not guna mention any names tho

Does anybody make a cowl inducted hood or any aftermarket hood with a scoop on it for a 64 valiant?
Did some of you fail to read the question?
I don't see anywhere where he asked for your opinions on the cowl hood scoop on a Mopar. You guys need to sit back and relax. If you can't answer the question that was asked, don't make stupid comments. If you have something constructive to add that will help, go ahead and post it.
If you guys need a vacation, just ask, or keep doing what you are doing. We will provide them.

its funny, i re-read the question, and he asks, if there is ANY modified hood for a 64 valiant, he didnt say right away that he wanted to use a cowl. so we just made a big deal about misreading the question

Absolutely! If you don't like it, don't do it. AMC dude, AMC. (Ain't My Car) applies here. I happen to personally hate forward hood scoops, it's a personal thing, I'd rather just have a flat stock hood but I needed clearance on the Scamp and a 73 Charger power bulge hood just isn't available so it got a Jegs scoop. Is that a brand x part? I hate to see how I'm going to get slammed if I put a 9" rear in the car or a powerglide. Sad, just plain sad.

How about these wheelie bars, are they considered non Mopar? Or the cage, or four link? How about the Strange struts and brakes?

368272108.jpg

Oh damn!!! Dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians, those tail light lenses are not original Mopar!!!

I'll get the honey if you guys can throw me!=P~

-
Back