Cowl induction dart hood

-
isnt the cowl induction hood kind of a chevy thing?? i dont think that i would put one my mopar. around here it would just give the brand x guys another reason to give me a hard time!

isnt the cowl induction hood kind of a chevy thing?? i dont think that i would put one my mopar. around here it would just give the brand x guys another reason to give me a hard time!

I agree. When I hear "cowl hood" a Chevy instantly pops into my brain, & that is NOT a good thing.

I get my balls busted all of the time for having a chevy hood on my car!!! If you like it, run it!!!!!!!!!

I goota agree with quarterhorse.it's a hotrod thing.And what better hotrod than a dart?

Chevie guys will razz you just cuz you drive a Mopar,not cuz of a hood.My response is always the same.Real men drive mopars,boys play with chevies..

I started looking at these hoods because of the price of twin scoops at year one.I mean come on!Over $300 for 2 scoops with bezels?The entire hood was $540!Yes it's more but I'd be getting a hell of a lot more for my $$!And quality is #1 at AAR.One of my mopar pals ordered a glass hood for his 69 bee from them.Absolutely top notch stuff.Prep and paint,bolt it on.Needed nothing!Im sure the scoops from year one are good,but I have heard complaints about the bezels.

It seems like thats the only source for twin scoops in the aftermarket,thus the stupid price.

Sorry for the rant.I do have a good steel hood to put twin scoops on.Has the holes drilled in the bracing underneath already but I may be tempted to sell it and go cowl.Save some weight and recoup some of the cost of the glass hood.

Whats a good,straight steel hood with the leading edge chrome worth?The chrome is pretty good too.not mint but definitly presentable.Would come with another chrome leading edge but it' not too great.I think the hood is from a 71 4 door.

-
Back