Cowl Leaks

-

70DartSedan

Not Banned - just hiding
Reaction score
My cowl leaks water and it is dripping onto the floor from the backside of my dash. I was wondering if some sort of sealer can be sprayed inside the cowl from an extension hose. It may require some investigation to make sure it hasn't rusted out. :banghead:

Have you checked the wiper arm pivots? If its leaking from the passanger side you should check the heater box too. Mine was leaking around the blower motor.

Have you checked the wiper arm pivots? If its leaking from the passanger side you should check the heater box too. Mine was leaking around the blower motor.

Ditto, first thing to check.

OK, well its raining here, so, I guess, perfect opportunity to check...

If it's anything like the rear window leak I got too, I can just follow the trail of bright orange rust to the leak, lol.

I had a leak in my cowl that was coming from the screw holes for the small windshield washer tubes that I had not reinstalled. Just something else to check if not wiper seals,Joe

Look up underneath the dash and see if the cowl itself is leaking.

First make sure the cowl drain holes are not blocked with leaves or debris,and drain properly. It there are leaves in the cowl you will have to get them out from the interior vents,or try to spray them out with a hose.

Wipers as stated are a very common source for a leak.
The windshield can also leak in the bottom corners. Water getting past the weatherstrip.

Both my cars are garaged,but i had one outside.If I knew a storm was coming in, I would use blue (painters) tape,and tape problem ares.
and use a car cover. When the storm passes,peel the tape off a look for wet areas. Get out a towel and dry it up. Roll down the windows and open trunk also helps to dry it out.

Yeah, I gotta get the Charger done so the Dart can sleep in the garage. The cowl itself seems to leak. The water seems to be coming through a seam in the cowl directly below thw windshield. In the rear it is coming from the lower corners of the window.

For a garage kept car it sure has a lot of window leakage:banghead:

For now while your car is outside you can cover the cowl grill using magnetic sign material cut to size.

I'm going to get a glass guy who specializes in classics to fix the windshield and backglass channels.

-
Back