Craftsman tools made in CHINA

-

muddacres

Reaction score
I was in sears today to spend some gift cards and was looking. I see that they are starting to make there craftsman hand tools in china, All there power tools as well. Where is it going to stop, it is all about corporate greed.
Jim

Not trying to start trouble but I would rethink the little saying under your name.

I don't want to start anything, but you don't know what was said with the staff and myself. If you want to know what was said, you ask them them to post the mail between them and me. If your a parent, you don't do something wrong in front of them and when they do it punish them. I'm sorry that is how my parent's raised me and that is how i raised my boy's. I'm sorry that I bother you.
Jim

Thanks for the "heads up". I've always liked Craftsmen tools but if they go the China route I'll be re-thinking my tool purchases.

They're probably just trying to stay competitive by manufacturing in China. You almost can't blame them; they're just trying to keep their costs down.

When is it going to stop? When people like me and you stop buying the Chinese made junk and insist on products made in North America. That's not to say that everything made in China is junk, but we have to support the manufacturing industries here in our own back yard.

They're probably just trying to stay competitive by manufacturing in China. You almost can't blame them; they're just trying to keep their costs down.

When is it going to stop? When people like me and you stop buying the Chinese made junk and insist on products made in North America. That's not to say that everything made in China is junk, but we have to support the manufacturing industries here in our own back yard.

Bingo!!!!!!

I don't want to start anything, but you don't know what was said with the staff and myself. If you want to know what was said, you ask them them to post the mail between them and me. If your a parent, you don't do something wrong in front of them and when they do it punish them. I'm sorry that is how my parent's raised me and that is how i raised my boy's. I'm sorry that I bother you.
Jim

good grief!

I would have no problem staying competitive by putting a tariff on goods from any country that has no labor laws or environmental protections.

It's easy to undercut US labor when you have 10 year old kids making cloths and encourage companies to dump toxic waste in your waterways.

Damn shame, ain't it? You can't buy real made in America Vise-Grips anymore, either. The plant in Dewitt, Nebraska shut down last year, and something like 350 of the 700 residents of the town lost their jobs.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=367x14167

I tried explaining to a friend of mine why I wouldn't buy Crapsman ratchets anymore, I'd bought some K-D and Cobalt replacements. I get tired of a tool that picks a time when I have a hard pull on it to strip it's mechanism, usually at 9 PM on a Sunday night after the store has closed. I don't like being stranded or having bleeding knuckles, he didn't seem to understand that. Of course, he's a cheap *** anyway.

What's next?

snap-on tools made in china

With an 86-year experience, Snap-on now focus on China. We set up a factory with well-trained engineers and workers in Kunshan, China. The world-class products produced are not only for China market, but for all the Asia Pacific Area. We also established a trading company, Snap-on Trading ( Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Our professional team can serve the customers throughout the country through a distribution network consisted of 6 Branch Offices and over 120 resellers.

"for all the asia pacific area" not here

OK,which tool brand can I buy to make sure USA made?

I bought a lot of Matco tools, some of their stuff is made in germany (like the screwdrivers) but for the most part, made in the US

excelent quality tools, I like them better than snapon, especially the toolbox....way better quality tool box than what snap on makes.

11646_176293723654_506553654_2766817_408416_n.jpg

China is quick to buy state of the art equipment and machinery to reach a long term profitable company, while many US companys put off buying state of the art equipment & machinery so their next quarter balance sheets shows $$$ for stockholders. the company i work for is getting a 12 year old press from our sister company in Italy, they are buying a new 2.5 million dollar press because the italian government mandates that a business set aside a percentage of income for upgrades. take it for what its worth, bash China or India but many of these countrys know what it takes to beat us at our own game They are not as greedy!!! BTW i've been in manufacturing for 20 years now..

China is quick to buy state of the art equipment and machinery to reach a long term profitable company, while many US companys put off buying state of the art equipment & machinery so their next quarter balance sheets shows $$$ for stockholders. the company i work for is getting a 12 year old press from our sister company in Italy, they are buying a new 2.5 million dollar press because the italian government mandates that a business set aside a percentage of income for upgrades. take it for what its worth, bash China or India but many of these countrys know what it takes to beat us at our own game They are not as greedy!!! BTW i've been in manufacturing for 20 years now..

then why is 95% of tools that come from china absolute junk? If they have better equipment then they should be producing better tools, thats not the case.

I have old vice grips that are USA made and bought a set of new vice grips that are made in china, just handling the tools you can see and feel that the old US version is a better tool....and guess what chinese vice grip broke.

Sad to see all the companies turn to this.

Because the companys like Sears spec them that way, thin metal, not heat treated correctly, no QC checking parts ect.. they want you to buy another one in a year or two, not for the thing to last forever. blame the U.S. companys that run the factorys over there not the Chinese, they make a ton of quality products, your house is filled with chinese stuff, i'm typing this out on a Dell keyboard made in China LOL...

Not trying to start trouble but I would rethink the little saying under your name.

That phrase under his screen name was put there by a higher up.
I'm not touching it!
He is a liar. I have shown it twice now. I'll be happy to dig up the post in the trash and show you that mud is a BS artist.

-
Back