craigslist abody tear jerker

-
I never cared for the 2 door post dart sedan in the first place. I couldn't care less what they do with it.

I wouldn't do it, but I have built a couple 5.0 Mustangs that ran circles around the 340s. So it's a good powerplant w/ way more parts easily available. Having said that, I'm still building my SBM for my '67 GT & glad there is more stuff available now than used to be.
I wouldn't have painted the dash white or put those scoops on the hood either, but that's my tastes.
I give the guy credit for making it work.

And yes the SBF does sound different because of its firing order & higher revs. Must be some smart "piss ants" out there!

Indeed a very nice ride Kenny, and the Dart is awesome man 8)

With the hood closed you can't tell what engine is in the car, but you can still see the incorrect stripe and wrong hood scoops.

I dig it. Being a purist sucks. Hotrods were always mix/match cars

it sucks, but i cant bash it. the guy probably used what he had laying around. one time in college we blew the motor in my buddys 80 chevy 1500 2wd. so a case of beer and and the following weekend, that truck ahad an olds 350 in it. i know its still staying within gm. but half of the people that saw it loved it or hated it. who cares, drive what you got.

Dang that's a nice car!! I can totally see where you guys are coming from about not likin a ford in a Mopar but would I buy it if I had the money? Absolutely. Yea I'd rather want a turbo'd slant or a 340 but hey, it's another Mopar on the road and I bet it runs great!! It'd make a great daily driver!

I can dig it, my old Duster has been powered by Ford many times being towed home.

I was pm'ing the Bill Reilly at RMS a few months back and you wouldn't believe what motors ppl drop in these cars! Here's some of what he sent me... "As you'd imagine, I sell a million things for hemi e-bodies, so the weird cars are a refreshing change - You wouldnt believe the projects people are doing. I have customers with all-electric Darts, Dusters with twin-turbo toyota motors - all kinds of weirdness going on out there LOL.......I never thought I'd see that stuff in a million years - alot of LS guys too. Mostly it's been a cost thing - they end up with engines from friends or junkyards or other projects, so they use them to save the coin. One guy put a supercharged coyote engine from a new mustang - the car was totalled and he got it cheap at some auction.
The other day a guy got a kit from me, he had a Mitsubishi eclipse drag car and had the little 2.2L pushing 780hp! He kept breaking parts on the car, so hes putting the engine in a 68 Dart with a Dana LOL Crazy stuff." You never know what you'll see these days! Lol!

Personally I like the the scoops and LOVE the body color dash!!!! But that's just me... I like being different.

Now your talkin......or a Hemi HeHeh heh, I drove a mustang with 5.0 5 speed and fuel injected from here in florida to Arizona and I'd have to say I was impressed with the fuel mileage, and goin thru some parts at 105 mph at 2500 rpms with 3:73 gears.....plus the dart is lighter bya few hundred pounds and the sound of a 302 does have that musclecar tone...especially at higher rpm's...but a 340 in a mustang or camaro would definitely twist some nipples ;)
I agree, Looks pretty nice.........but, can you imagine the inverse. A guy with a 67 Camaro with a 340 in it. In his circles he would be banned from the planet.

**** I'd rather see a slant 6 in that thing than a 5.0

i like it, being rebelious and it seems to be aggrivating the purists and hot rodders alike. but id drive the wheels off it after putting better speakers cd deck and subs in teh trunk. in fact i can say that with the right slant 6 car i would build one like that but i wont tear into a 340 or bb car cause well i build custom dashes, gauges, floors, seats, bodies hoods i like custom. to me a full on resto thats a 100 point means too much money and not enough imagination but thats just me.

I got a love hate for the car.....
But I could see why someone would do it...
got the engine and trans out of a stang on the self but no mopar......
To me not worth 9500 though

nice looking dart,,, and it may not be mopar powered,,,,but its sure better then GM powered,,,i seen a duster back in the days of the car craft magazine street machine nationals,,, had a chevy under the hood,, ford would be my choice if i wasnt a mopar guy,,

well i am all for putting the correct motor in correct vehicle, but i am doing this to my jeep hopefully this summer. and the only reason is i have the motor trans and all the parts sitting in the garage all ready. and yes it is a ford sorry no chebby's here

If I was filthy rich I'd buy it just so I could show up at Ford only carshows!!!

LOL.

If I was filthy rich, I'd buy it too, and beat the ever living hell out of it. Then once it blows up, I'd put the appropriate engine in it. :D

probably because the assholes at mopar never released a "hot rod" wire harness for the magnum motors. why not? who knows. just shows how anti enthusiast chrysler is.. and the hemi swap is expensive. tht car probably runs damn good with that mustang motor in it..

Believe it or not, I agree. It probably does run well with that 302. Just sayin..
I am going to be swapping my slant out next year, on my 71 Valiant...still undecided on which motor.

-
Back