Craigslist add anyone know what headers these are?

-
they would have to be boat headers. or some custom job. you cannot just flip small block headers over. its actually not a bad looking set up.

ya i meant cannot flip them. its actually a pretty cool idea. i would rather have those then a set of under chassis headers that capture everything or a set of fender wells that kill ground clearance. hell that is a really good idea.

I like it. He may have solved a lot of header issues that A-Body guys have.

ya but what are they? who makes them? i tried to find boat headers for small blocks online and cant find anything.

The alternator mount might be from a later model truck and not using P/S or A/C setup. I think the headers were custom and not boat. .02$

Will all the bends necessary to plumb the exhaust out after the headers it seems too restrictive & you probably would lose the benefit of the headers. Plus all the heat is now that much closer to the intake. Looks like a dumb idea!

Will all the bends necessary to plumb the exhaust out after the headers it seems too restrictive & you probably would lose the benefit of the headers. Plus all the heat is now that much closer to the intake. Looks like a dumb idea!

get them coated or wrap them up. i have always thought about something similar but a log style header.

My concern would be the underhood heat. I do have a cold air intake from outside but, I bet it gets pretty hot under there. Just thought it was kinda cool to see something different and something I haven't seen done before. I'm sure they are better than the stock manifolds. Maybe Ill give him a call and see if I can get any info.

My concern would be the underhood heat. I do have a cold air intake from outside but, I bet it gets pretty hot under there. Just thought it was kinda cool to see something different and something I haven't seen done before. I'm sure they are better than the stock manifolds. Maybe Ill give him a call and see if I can get any info.

ya let us know what he says. i really like the idea. if you were to have them coated in and out or wrapped i dont think it would matter much. it would be even better if you had a scoop shoving air down there.

Bet that master cylinder loves all the heat it's getting there!

Hey to each their own, espescially to those who just want to do it differently.

I just think in this case it's poorly thought out & there are more negatives than any redeeming reason to run them that way. Looks more like something they had lying around & made it work rather than an improvement in design. Like I said before, think about all the unecessary exhaust pipe you need just to make it work. Look where the pipes go through the inner fenders.

Maybe dirt track headers? I know we run wrapped 180 degree headers on a small block chevy pro stock and haven't had no issues they look like this Not my picture of car but same style of header

IMGA0903.jpg

-
Back