Craigslist Find.

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Well, heres the story. I live in Chicago and I was cruisin Cragslist for parts for my 70 Swinger. I look in my area plus the Milwaukee Wi. area too as its not that far away. For some reason I clicked on Green Bay Wi. instead. First thing that comes up is a split high back bench seat with an armrest. I have been looking for one of these for awhile now so I looked at the listing and the pic. It was blue and with exception for one 7/16 rip was mint. Long story short I drove all the way up to Green Bay and picked it up yesterday and it is in my car today. Just want to know if anybody thinks I am nuts for driving 475 miles round trip for a seat like this. By the way, bought it for $50 bucks and gas was another $30. Tell me what you think!!!!. Sorry about the small pictures.
Chas.

parts 003.JPG

005.JPG

008.JPG

007.JPG

nothing crazy about it if you had a nice cruise. nice ride + a destination = priceless

Total of $80 is a pretty good price :). I think it looks great, better than the old bench in my opinion. Nice find.

Nah, I don't thin ur nuts. Probably a couple more around here would have done the same looking for a part for their mopar. And about the seat, DAMN! for $50 bucks looks way nice on the Swinger.

Well lets see 475 miles, 30 bucks in gas and 50 for a seat.
I'd say well worth the trip for quality parts for any Mopar.
Very nice seat and really nice looking in the Dart.

Thanks guys, I was going bucket seats but wanted to go the split bench with armrest direction as I am an old fart and like comfort. I have had these seats in some of my other Darts over the years. I do have another one but it needs covers and foam. This one is mint with the exception of that small rip. It is on the right side seatback on the outer edge in a place like someone got in the car with a screwdriver in their back pocket (ive done it). The guy was straight forward and told me it was from his personal race car he had for years. It was a 73 Dart Sport and only had 30K on it when he took the seat out. It is much more comfortable than the basic bench seat that was in the car. As I am not too concerned about having the perfect 70 Swinger I wanted the high backs without the seperate headrests and like the armrest option. Now I just have to find a 73 up Swinger rear seat in the same blue to put in the car to match the front seat. One will pop up somewhere.
Chas.

You Did Well... Wish I Could Find A Few Deals Like That One!

Even the color is a good match. Craigslist is funny, you can look and look and see nothing and then wham, there it is. I just found a new 16 galloon Jaz poly fuel cell, complete with mounting brackets for $50. Lots of looking, little buying, but occasionally.......

That's one hell of a find there. I found my Dart project on Craigslist. 68 Dart 2dr Post rolling chassis, and a complete 440 carb to oil pan, for $500. I agree that you can find some great deals on Craigslist...you just have to keep looking till you find them.

j

Doesn't look right at all. Take it out and replace it with the correct seat. What are you thinking? PM me and I'll send you my address and ship the miss-matched crud to me and I will pay the COD. I feel sorry for you being taken in by the deal so I will refund the cost of your adventure that has proven so negative.

I hope you know I'm kinda kidding. But I will take it off your hands for what you paid but you made a GREAT DEAL!

I just drove 700 miles roundtrip to pick up a K-frame with Wilwood brakes from a FABO member!

It cost about $60 in gas and $30 in tolls but it was worth it. My buddy and I left at 0330 and got home at 1530. 12 hours but worth it.:clock:

There's nothing crazy about that! Thats a dang nice seat for 50, and a nice road trip to boot! It woulda cost you more than 80 bucks to have it shipped to you, It was smarter to drive and get it than to have it shipped. Great score!!!

Jason

Thanks guys, I was going bucket seats but wanted to go the split bench with armrest direction as I am an old fart and like comfort. I have had these seats in some of my other Darts over the years. I do have another one but it needs covers and foam. This one is mint with the exception of that small rip. It is on the right side seatback on the outer edge in a place like someone got in the car with a screwdriver in their back pocket (ive done it). The guy was straight forward and told me it was from his personal race car he had for years. It was a 73 Dart Sport and only had 30K on it when he took the seat out. It is much more comfortable than the basic bench seat that was in the car. As I am not too concerned about having the perfect 70 Swinger I wanted the high backs without the seperate headrests and like the armrest option. Now I just have to find a 73 up Swinger rear seat in the same blue to put in the car to match the front seat. One will pop up somewhere.
Chas.

I have it. got the front too just like it except bigger rips. dont think the back one has any rips. need these out of my garage.

That's a great score. I don't think there's anything crazy about taking a road trip for Mopar stuff. I drove from VA to PA for a complete (drum to drum) "A" body 8 3/4 rear end with a 3:91 posi unit. I even made it a weekend deal and made an overnight stay. It was a steal at $400.00 bucks!! Nice seat!! Ya did good!!

Matt B.

Yeah, moparman1 has the rear seat I need. Now with the snow spanking us here and his location being pretty far I am guessing this one wont be going in my car. But one did pop up so this is a good thing. I think the car would look nice with a matching rear seat though I wont be cruising the Dart for months. My only concern is not the size of the seat as its would be the same. My concerns are if on a 73 later seat that the top seat cushion will hang in the same hooks as the original and the bottom cushion being able to be secured using the same screw holes. Anyway, now my searching will be getting the proper interior rattle can spray paint in the right 73 later blue to do the dash, upper and lower door and rear inside trim, and steerig column in so I can match up the color more. Have a nice 73 dash pad, armrests and bases, kick panels, and steering column bezel so most of my hunt has over.
Chas.

Man You did good,the seat is nice and your car makes it a nice "home" good deal!

hey wait a minute. I have a friend who drives semi from ohio and up into canada. I'll contact him. dont give up yet. have the blue dash and steering column. I know he goes through chicago, cause he complains about it. guess you have some dumb drivers who want to get run over by a semi. lol well guess not michigan is as close as he gets now. just got off the phone with him. sorry.

-
Back