Craigslist Scam

-

rklein383

Reaction score
So I am trying to basically give away a Dart Sport Barracuda hood here in Amarillo. Only asking 20 bucks. This guy texts me and asks me if it is available. I say yes...He texts me back and asks if he could send me a six digit code in order to prove I am not a scammer.

I tell him no....it is pretty simple, come look at the hood, give me 20 bucks and you can have it. Where is the scam in that?

So I am trying to basically give away a Dart Sport Barracuda hood here in Amarillo. Only asking 20 bucks. These guy texts me and asks me if it is available. I say yes...He texts me back and asks if he could send me a six digit code in order to prove I am not a scammer.

I tell him no....it is pretty simple, come look at the hood, give me 20 bucks and you can have it. Where is the scam in that?
:rofl::rofl:

Idiots. I found the big block bellhousing I have been looking for on FB Marketplace. $200. "Oh good!" I thought. I send the guy a few messages. No response. he's seen them all, too.

Kinda makes you rethink about giving them your home address doesn’t it.

I had one bad experience letting a CL person come to the house, never again. Now I meet them at the police station in town to do the exchange. If that doesn't work for the buyer, no sale. Nobody from Cl or FB or anywhere else is coming to my house ever.

I had one bad experience letting a CL person come to the house, never again. Now I meet them at the police station in town to do the exchange. If that doesn't work for the buyer, no sale. Nobody from Cl or FB or anywhere else is coming to my house ever.
Not a bad plan.

And I forgot to mention, I don't do lookie-loo's or I-want-to-check-it-out either. I guess I've become a CL hardass. I'll over-describe it, take all the photos you want, answer any question you want, but I'm not meeting you to LOOK at it. I will meet you to SELL it. I cut down the "I'll be there at noon to meet you" and then don't show up at all bullshit by making the buyer go to the police station, and then tell me what business is on the nearest corner. That way I know at least they are really there before I head down with the item.

(Sigh). As I age, my tolerance for fools diminishes rapidly. CL is full of bottom feeders and these steps help weed them out and not waste my time.

And I forgot to mention, I don't do lookie-loo's or I-want-to-check-it-out either. I guess I've become a CL hardass. I'll over-describe it, take all the photos you want, answer any question you want, but I'm not meeting you to LOOK at it. I will meet you to SELL it. I cut down the "I'll be there at noon to meet you" and then don't show up at all bullshit by making the buyer go to the police station, and then tell me what business is on the nearest corner. That way I know at least they are really there before I head down with the item.

(Sigh). As I age, my tolerance for fools diminishes rapidly. CL is full of bottom feeders and these steps help weed them out and not waste my time.
I totally understand what you're saying but I think I have more tolerance now because that's just what I expect from people. I mean 20 years ago I just punched him in the throat LOL

Sold a $400 laptop and a wiped $300 phone at a Starbucks. Lots of people and they are all chill...any drama will gain instant attention. I also tell them my 19 year old son in in the car watching and waiting for me. Never had a bad one yet.

Any time I get a "is it still available", unless it's worded to include at least a partial description that's NOT a copy and paste of my listing text, I don't even reply.

Kind of a shame, I can't get rid of my hood. Tired of storing it.

-
Back