Crane Cams back in business

-

BJR Racing

Reaction score
I see that they have moved but are trying to get back to 100% with all product lines. They are still in Daytona Beach, FLA. but owned by S&S Cycle, and being run by one of the originals (Chase Knight) that was there from the start. Hope they get up to speed soon and put people back to work. Maybe next time they will stay a employee owned company.

bravo, to S&S....

heard the "rumblings" , saw Cranes equip up for auction (sad)

no reason to doubt S&S will do us Proud.

Are ya sure BJR? I know S&S purchased there motorcyle line of cams and stuff. Dusted droped me an E-mail about it since he works at S&S.

Found the article you mentioned, BJR:

"Chase Knight returns to reopened Crane Cams

The Agent got a note from ad guy and drag racer, Bill Holland, to say that a legendary product line, Crane Cams, is back in business under the new ownership of S&S Cycle. That is not news. It had been reported that the name and some assets of the company had been purchased through bankruptcy by the S&S folks and they were going to continue the electronics and motorcycle sides of the business and they have.

The real news is that the Agent’s old pal Chase Knight, who was with the original company for 40 years, is back as Valve Train Products Manager. In time, with Knight’s help, the automotive cam/valve train business will be 100% back.

“While we know the market is very hungry for our cam and valve train product lines, we want to make sure the parts we ship exceed the quality and performance expectations of our customers,” Knight said. “At this point we can’t put firm timeline as to when everything will be fully up to speed. We want to be sure to get this right!”

The new location for the company is 1640 Mason Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32117. Phone 386-628-5120 or toll-free 866-388-5120 and tell ‘em Agent 1320 sent ya. A big tip of the Agent’s fedora to the folks at S&S for this move to rescue a legendary product line. [7/30/2009]"

This is good news!

I work @ S&S Cycle and we are very excited about the whole Crane deal. While the original idea was to just grab the motorcycle and electronics line I guess it was just like a blue light special at K-Mart. If it's on sale you buy it.
I really dont know too much about the day to day operations but from what I've been told the plan is to revive as much of the Crane line as possible.
Of course I've stated that Mopar componant production should start ASAP. We'll see how much pull I really have.
I wish I had more to tell,but from what a few of the Crane guys told me a few weeks ago they are really pumped about the whole deal.
Stay tuned! Ted

Hey Ted, great to see you stop in and drop some info on the whole deal. Thanks a bunch! Keep us posted if you can and wave that Mopar flag for us will ya!

I work @ S&S Cycle and we are very excited about the whole Crane deal. While the original idea was to just grab the motorcycle and electronics line I guess it was just like a blue light special at K-Mart. If it's on sale you buy it.
I really dont know too much about the day to day operations but from what I've been told the plan is to revive as much of the Crane line as possible.
Of course I've stated that Mopar componant production should start ASAP. We'll see how much pull I really have.
I wish I had more to tell,but from what a few of the Crane guys told me a few weeks ago they are really pumped about the whole deal.
Stay tuned! Ted

thx for the real time update, I for one will support S&S/ Crane
with my wallet.

I also heard that they were going to hire back alot of the old employees, but I heard this second hand so I can't say for sure.

Well, if they palnn to revive the old Crane as much as possible, they'll need as many as the old personal as possible to get it back up and running again as well as to compete.

-
Back