crank case pressure

-

35regal

Reaction score
whats the good way to manage this, its a street 418 ,11.75 compression, i was going to use the vac-u-pan kit were the breathers hook up to the collectors, i heard this kit wont work with mufflers, yes im running 3 inch all the way to the rear axle. thanks brian

i do have a vacum port very high up on the side of my tunnel ram.

Have you seen a lot, or you're just setting things up? You may want to look into trying to use different valves on the evac system. If you look in Standard Ignition's catalog they have ones with different vacuum ratings. The porblem is you wont know what your exh system will have for flow until it's up and running. I don'tthink a PCV is good unles you plumb it from the plenum, and the floor of the plenum isnt a great place either.

No reason in the world why that system won't work with mufflers. It might not be as efficient, but it'll WORK.

The problem is if the backpressure in the pipe is too great, the low pressure area behind the fitting on the header will never get high enough to open the valve. At some point the exh flow has to get high enough to overcome that backpressure. If the mufflers are restrictive then the evac wont work most of the time and you might as well just run breathers.

yep, im trying to sqeeze everything i can out of this motor, thats why i mentioned 3 inch all the way, muffs are the 2 chambered thrush turbo muffs, 3 inch also with x pipe, maybe thepan o vac will only be used when i uncapp it. and run breathers on the street?

I think to work they'll need to be straight through type mufflers... Like Dynomax bulllets.

-
Back