Crank Shops for Offset Crank Grinding?

-

nm9stheham

Reaction score
Wanting to see if any of you guys know of a shop that can offset grind cranks, re-harden and balance. Mid-Atlantic preferred but can ship to a good shop. Not for Mopar..... Opel 4 cylinder 1.9L forged crank. I plan to offset grind the rod journal to move center outward by .125", for .250" longer stroke. Tnx!

My local shop does them....no need to "harden" after welding. Millions of cranks have been ground/ repaired without any.

Plus Detroit ...trucks run 24/7.

My local grinder does welded strokers and offset grinds, too.

LOL... I guess I worded that wrong. Rather than just 'know of' such shops, can can anyone share the contact info? PM is fine if preferred. Tnx.

Krooser, if I mention your name, does the price go up or down? LOL

LOL... I guess I worded that wrong. Rather than just 'know of' such shops, can can anyone share the contact info? PM is fine if preferred. Tnx.

They's say WHO?

You can Google all you need for phones and address's. That shop in Ferndale, MI is very busy. I called him years ago as I wanted my early Hemi crank offset ground... he said there was a 3 month wait to get new projects in the door. But you can find a shop near you I'm sure. Time to start networking with local racers and engine shops.

Wyrmryder can likely recommend a CA shop... he's been part of that racing scene for 60 years. Likely has numbers in his Rolodex.... don't be afarid to ship a crank. Done everday.

Come to think of it Bullet Cams in MS does a hell of a lot of crank work... call them. Good reputation among oval track and drag racers.

Ohio crankshaft
Fresno crankshaft
That's east/west

Any shop that grinds cranks can do it. That is if their not to lazy. Kim
I got creative on the days off! 351 C +.200 and 500 Cadi +.300
100_2556.JPG
100_2558.JPG

Wanting to see if any of you guys know of a shop that can offset grind cranks, re-harden and balance. Mid-Atlantic preferred but can ship to a good shop. Not for Mopar..... Opel 4 cylinder 1.9L forged crank. I plan to offset grind the rod journal to move center outward by .125", for .250" longer stroke. Tnx!
I owned two Opels years ago. If I ran into another Manta, i’d Be really tempted to buy it. What are you putting this motor in?

I owned two Opels years ago. If I ran into another Manta, i’d Be really tempted to buy it. What are you putting this motor in?

Those are some good gains from "just" offset grinding. You want another 351C? I have a complete 70 model M code with the good closed chamber heads. I'll never get around to it now.

It's going into a '75 model 1900 2 dr sedan. Same identical drivetrain and suspension and chassis as the Manta, just different sheet metal. I rallied both off and on for about 15 years. Moving closer to retirement so I am getting to play a bit more with cars now!

It's going into a '75 model 1900 2 dr sedan. Same identical drivetrain and suspension and chassis as the Manta, just different sheet metal. I rallied both off and on for about 15 years. Moving closer to retirement so I am getting to play a bit more with cars now!
I promise not to hijack this thread after this ... Can you post a pic or two of your project??

Hey it's my thread.. I can wreck it any way I want, right? LOL

Here you be, Cliff. DDaddy also wants a '74 Manta... I need to start a brokerage.....

IMG_20190712_151432159 (Small).jpg

Beautiful, an old Ascona!! And the Manta is even nicer...
Wow...somebody knows what an Ascona is! They are identical cars under the skin.... suspension and drivetrain 100% the same. I liked the Ascona a bit better for rallying.... a few inches less overhang front and rear, a little bit less weight....

-
Back