crank upside down

-

angeldust72

Reaction score
I think I put the crankshaft in upside down, does anyone know if J.C. Whitney or others have a kit to remedy this issue while the engine is still in the car?

hit the key lol. do you mean the front is in the back? i would say just yank the motor. its not hard and will be far better then any kit to make it work. i have put stuff in backwards and crooked lol but i think the crank in wrong would be one of the worst lol that sucks man

Is that even possible to flip it end for end I thought the last main has a ridge on it or something ?
Anyways one would not be able to bolt up a flex plate or flywheel ...

Maybe he meant cam is 180 out ? simple fix if so .
Chime in angeldust72 we're just having some fun but really we wanna know what happened and wanna help!

Yea, i done that before. You have to remove all the main caps while keeping the crank in the same position you have take the block and rotate it 180 degrees. I think. This has got to be a BS post?

I would think the best fix for it is a starter switch :read2:. Just hit it a couple of times and should fix the issues.:cheers:

What's in a name...

Flip the engine over, then the crank will be right side up.

No sorry man, the engines now worn in all wrong, probably unfixable, but i could help ya out and pull the engine and haul it off for ya, save you some hassle :D wow wouldnt it be awesome if that worked??

I think I put the crankshaft in upside down, does anyone know if J.C. Whitney or others have a kit to remedy this issue while the engine is still in the car?
You'll have to get this piece through a dealership. Assuming that this is a small block cast crank, part# DCC-50038462 should do the trick. Forged cranks need DCC-50038463.

O:)

Doktor X beat me to it .... easy fix with these parts, best of all - phillips head and a butter knife are the only tools needed .... last time I did this I went heavy on the assembly lube (makes things alot easier) Check all with your test light, spackle, sand till smooth and your done ! :cheers:

This motor must be in a Demon :angryfir:......I feel your pain.....#-o

Please send a picture, this i've gotta see!! By the way, I survived the 70's, there were no drugs that good!

Everyone here is just poking a little fun. Try to explain what your problem is. You can't put a crank in upside down.

the holes I put the crank in were real real tight and the holes I put the cam in were real real loose (shuved in a bunch of shop towels to take up the slack) but the rods rattle a whole bunch. I like Jim's advice and maybe I should just turn the engine upside down then everything would be right side up.

You got it, I always like to do a pre April fools day April Fools day just to keep everyone on there toes. Raely it wasn't the crank I put in upside down, it was the cam I put in sideways

First my joke about hemi darts gets taken seriously, now this?? Guys, yoiur collective chains are being tugged...

-
Back