[Found!] Crankcase Breather

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

512Stroker

We are all here because we are not all there.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a crankcase breather that will twist lock into the valve cover and connect to the air cleaner via a hose. I am using Mopar Hi Performance die cast valve covers on my 340.
So far all I have found are are breathers that push into a rubber grommet.

I believe you will have to make one. How can you twist off a breather that is meant to remove for oil fill when it is attached to the air cleaner with a hose. I don't think they make one.

Make a grommet. The breather to air can kit was push in for ease of removing air can. Oil fill was seperate lid

I believe you will have to make one. How can you twist off a breather that is meant to remove for oil fill when it is attached to the air cleaner with a hose. I don't think they make one.
I dislike the open style breather they make a oily mess of the valve covers.
My plan was to use the slotted rear hole on the passenger side cover to feed the air cleaner and on the drivers side I already have a hemi type oil fill that has the pcv valve in the top of it. The fill/pcv sits in the slotted hole foreword in the cover and feeds the front of the Edelbrock carb via the top mounted pcv. Works well

Why not just use a push in style. They make a rubber that fits in the slotted hole . I have just done it on a set for a Demon that just left here.

Why not just use a push in style. They make a rubber that fits in the slotted hole . I have just done it on a set for a Demon that just left here.
Push in`s are not nhra legal , if that makes any diff.

They didn't have a problem with these that came with this evac system sold by Jegs. Passed inspection every time went 10's and who runs a factory air cleaner and a pcv faster than 9.99. No one I know?

Steve 107.JPG

Do you have a P/N or link for the rubber? Sounds like it my fix my problem. Thanks in advance

I don't have a PN I had the rubber in a container of left over parts from other builds. I now they are out there. Try the mopar performance installation kit. Or other manufacturers of cast aluminum covers. Cal custom , Edelbrock, etc.

You might want to try a breather rubber from a factory valve cover. The rubber I used had a large flange on the outside that covered the slots in the cover for the twist in tabs. The Demon is coming back after break in for tuning and oil change I can get a pic at that time if you need.

Not under 9.99 that I know of. mine are chrome Mr Gasket but the same style that came with the evac system. the shops nitro car has tubes out of the valve cover into a catch can in front of the motor. You can see the black pipes running down the front. But most cars under 9.99 run open breathers. What good would a locking breather be on a system with a push on hose going to the air cleaner. And my hoses go under the car onto the side of the header. They never said anything to me in all my years.

Do you know how many cars that go down the track that have factory breathers still on them. If they ever enforce that rule I'll buy stocks in the locking style and sell them at the track.

!CID__0926131633a.jpg

Hemi_Hunter_by_426maxwedgie.jpg

Not under 9.99 that I know of. mine are chrome Mr Gasket but the same style that came with the evac system. the shops nitro car has tubes out of the valve cover into a catch can in front of the motor. You can see the black pipes running down the front. But most cars under 9.99 run open breathers. What good would a locking breather be on a system with a push on hose going to the air cleaner. And my hoses go under the car onto the side of the header. They never said anything to me in all my years.

Do you know how many cars that go down the track that have factory breathers still on them. If they ever enforce that rule I'll buy stocks in the locking style and sell them at the track.

View attachment 1715157243

View attachment 1715157244
No problem w/ this, just thot I read it in a rule book once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back