Crankshaft ID needed

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I picked up a couple crankshafts last week and can't find anything on this one.
It's new , Un-used. I believe it's steel , rings like a church bell !

When i got it , it was in this Ohio Box. I called them and the tech guy said he didn't recognize the # on it. But that 's not saying a whole lot. Anyone out here maybe know what this one is . Brand name ? And anywhere to get info on it ! Thanks in advance !

20220702_201011.jpg

20220628_130401.jpg

20220702_201016.jpg

Is it really a 2.12” rod journal instead of 2.125” or was that written on the box somewhere?

Is it really a 2.12” rod journal instead of 2.125” or was that written on the box somewhere?
I looked at it when I was at Al’s picking up parts last week. I wasn’t much help. His caliper only goes to two decimal places and I didn’t have mine along so those numbers were best that could be measured. It’s a nice piece though. Wish I hadn’t drained my piggy bank already.

I looked at it when I was at Al’s picking up parts last week. I wasn’t much help. His caliper only goes to two decimal places and I didn’t have mine along so those numbers were best that could be measured. It’s a nice piece though. Wish I hadn’t drained my piggy bank already.
Hey Greg ! you back home already ?

Looking it, is definitely steel. I'm goin out on a limb to say the "FS" probably means forged steel. Beyond that, I don't know. Normally, crankshaft numbers include the type of steel, sometimes the rod length and the stroke. So, maybe the 4000 at the end is 4" stroke? All guesses of course. I searched for a while and found nothing.

Looking it, is definitely steel. I'm goin out on a limb to say the "FS" probably means forged steel. Beyond that, I don't know. Normally, crankshaft numbers include the type of steel, sometimes the rod length and the stroke. So, maybe the 4000 at the end is 4" stroke? All guesses of course. I searched for a while and found nothing.
I couldn't find anything either. Picked up an R3 block along with this crank and other parts, But the block has 340 journals. Just trying to figure things out. What the guy had going on .

I couldn't find anything either. Picked up an R3 block along with this crank and other parts, But the block has 340 journals. Just trying to figure things out. What the guy had going on .
Oh man, I am curious about the other parts too.

I have a 360 4 inch k1 crank that has the FS022A 4000 on it, but it also has the k1 insignia and the part # on it

I have a 360 4 inch k1 crank that has the FS022A 4000 on it, but it also has the k1 insignia and the part # on it
This has to be the same manufacturer!
Where did you find the part # on it. Never heard of k1. I'll have to look into that !
Thanks

My crank has the fs022a 4000 on a small label on the box and on the crank with the part number 007CAO400 and the k1 insignia, mine is a newer crank

My crank has the fs022a 4000 on a small label on the box and on the crank with the part number 007CAO400 and the k1 insignia, mine is a newer crank
Thanks, I found their phone number. I'll see if I can get any info from them on this. Thanks for the lead !

-
Back