CRAP, missed a great deal on a 360

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Recently I have started looking for a 360 to replace my 318 and was awaiting the sale of a house and use some of that for the new motor.
(the house sold and escrow closed about two weeks ago but the bank is taking it's time to get the check out)
Something about firing that loan officer and hiring a new one.

In the meantime there was a brand new still in the crate and wrapping longblock 360 magnum roller motor on CL for $650 bucks.
I thought it HAD to be a typo, so I contacted the guy.
He said they were just trying to get some money together quickly and thought it would sell really fast at that price (and it did) before I had the money to buy it DAMMIT!

I would have done some pretty embarrasing things for that 650 bucks at the time. :D

I would have done some pretty embarrasing things for that 650 bucks at the time. :D

Pictures? Videos? LOL!

I once posed naked for a magazine.... Of course the guy gave me some candy also....

Emo Phillips

I watched my first **** today..................................................Dang I was young back then

I missed buying a real T/A Challenger 6 pack car for 1800 when i was in high school looking for my first car, i was short 200 bucks! Something will come up...

I missed buying a real T/A Challenger 6 pack car for 1800 when i was in high school looking for my first car, i was short 200 bucks! Something will come up...

I missed a red 56 T Bird that was a running driving car without much of anything at all wrong with it.
They were asking 300 bucks for it because the owner exhaust-ed himself in it by using a garden hose.
I couldn't come up with the cash at 17 years old and my Dad wouldn't loan me the money because I had 4 cars already.
Of course that was 41 years ago. (where's the dusty fart smiley?)

I once heard a comedian say he'd suck a d$%! and relocate for a million dollars.

Recently I have started looking for a 360 to replace my 318 and was awaiting the sale of a house and use some of that for the new motor.
(the house sold and escrow closed about two weeks ago but the bank is taking it's time to get the check out)
Something about firing that loan officer and hiring a new one.

In the meantime there was a brand new still in the crate and wrapping longblock 360 magnum roller motor on CL for $650 bucks.
I thought it HAD to be a typo, so I contacted the guy.
He said they were just trying to get some money together quickly and thought it would sell really fast at that price (and it did) before I had the money to buy it DAMMIT!

the year was 1979. the car was a original 67 GTX 4 spd, the guy wanted 100 for the dentless body and 135 for the tranny, bellhousing, flywheel and shifter+ all linkage.
I did'nt have the lousey money for either or both. sucks

-
Back