crazy 70s paint jobs

-
Anyone have any pics of a T/F car whose paint scheme was designed by Peter Max? Hot Rod Magizine did a feature on it waaaay back when & as I recall under blacklight some of it actually glowed! I don't think it gets more drug-induced than that! Keep 'em coming, that was my favorite era for paintjobs, too!

How about a 60's test pattern?

If someone can find it, there was a copy of "Easyriders" magizine where they took a coffin-style gas tank & did each panel in a different style to show what was "in" & how it was done. If someone could scrounge up that article, that would answer alot of questions......

Hippie Hemi

Attachments

• hippiehemi1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,258
  • hippiehemi2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,263
I was there and sprayed my share of wild paint back then. Didn't do any drugs myself, but a couple of fifths of Boone's Farm or liquid screwdrivers was usually enough to get me started. LOL I remember doing a van once. The customer just wanted a couple of extra stripes to break it up a little. When I finally finished all that was left of the original color was the roof and a 2" wide stripe around the sides. LOL I just wish I had taken pics.
Dallas

cool :cheers: i realy like the way alot of those paintjobs where done! cant even imagine the creativenes it must take to do something like that,way outside my limits

This one looks pretty wild and it's not even in color.

Attachments

• toxic.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,075
bet you've never seen this. involves the smoke and soot from oxy torch and shooting rubber bands at the paint. a local guy pioneered this before i was born, and just did it on the gopher state timing association's dragster.

Attachments

• 183502_1877118254603_1440642816_32127890_3008521_n.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,076
Vette from corvette summer
the most bugly movie car ever built !

CorvetteSummer.jpg

kOOL old plymouth pickup from 70,s

Gold+Pickup.jpg

48/49 anglia at strip in mid 70's .. not mopar but very cool to me .. used to own 1 in late 70's
Dodlin_Stroup_3.jpg

you tell me ? .. its a mopar .. except late w/s sticker side mirrors & late wheels .. kinda looks old school ?

cromagnum04.jpg

its a mopar but dont know what .. but great paint detail !

donnieolds1.jpg

50's custom gold flaked mopar lead sled in the early 60's

P1300121-vi.jpg

if you have you ask ?

BOOKOFMUSCLECARSSOXnMARTINSUPERBIRD.jpg

its A mid 30's plymouth in 2006 at playboy mansion .. dig the shaker scoop

3320793.jpg

don knotts was mopar spokesman in ad for the "" DUDE"" 70's dodge truck

1971_Dodge_Dude_Pick_Up_Truck_For_Sale_Rear_1.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grxyKA8khPM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grxyKA8khPM[/ame]

ENJOY .. THE END !

3320792.jpg

-
Back