Crazy Thought

-

ConValiant64

Reaction score
Would a 413 fit into a '64 Valiant? If so, what mods would need to be made. Already have beefy torsion bars. Just curious about engine bay size. Any body ever attempt to 'wedge' a big block this size or larger into an older model A body?

Would a 413 fit into a '64 Valiant? If so, what mods would need to be made. Already have beefy torsion bars. Just curious about engine bay size. Any body ever attempt to 'wedge' a big block this size or larger into an older model A body?

People put 440's into Barracudas so it should be about the same shouldn't it?

Not sure about the 413's dimensions. How easily does the 440 fit into an early model 'Cuda?

I have never personally done it, but I have friends and acquaintances that have.
They all said it was so much fun they just couldn't stand it.:D

It can be done, but knowing what you are in for before hand is a really good idea, which is what you are doing right?:D

Torsion bar interference
Inner fender removed
Reinforcements for the fenders and radiator support
Will there be room for a capable radiator
Getting to spark plugs
Big block trans

All the usual stuff.

I have never personally done it, but I have friends and acquaintances that have.
They all said it was so much fun they just couldn't stand it.:D

It can be done, but knowing what you are in for before hand is a really good idea, which is what you are doing right?:D
Not even close, thus the 'crazy thought'. LOL!

How about a 360 ? Just makes more sense. Trust me,I have done "you have it,make it works "mantra ,a few times. Unless you REALLY want different, or it's a Max Wedge. No....in my opine .

How about a 360 ? Just makes more sense. Trust me,I have done "you have it,make it works "mantra ,a few times. Unless you REALLY want different, or it's a Max Wedge. No....in my opine .
Thanks. I appreciate all the sage advice. Mating an older big block to a like A body seems like a good idea, until you get into the nitty gritty.

yes can easily be done.. big problem is the exhaust.. need custom made headers (expensive) or modified manifolds...

they sell the mounts, to do a 727 ya have to bang the firewall seam over. its actually a easy swap..

tried to attach a couple pics of the one i did years ago but the damn forum is too much a pain in the *** to attach pics.

I'm putting one into my '65 at some point. But it will require a lot of steel work and fabricating to do what I want. You'll need to be open minded.

64valiant025.jpg

64valiant024.jpg

64valiant023.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back