Cree LED bulb headlight conversion write-up *pics*

-
I'm glad slandsixdan is back to posting again. The knowledge he shares with us is very valuable. He even shared some good LED lamps that are more exceptible thanks for being here Dan!

I think a conscientiously thought out lighting plan that has been intelligently tested and aimed by a capable person is sufficient and reasonable when compared to majority of the horrifically implemented lights we see all over this country currently. Maybe someone buys a good set of lights and lenses and they have a good clean beam and they are aimed appropriately. I don't see how that is outside the realm of possibility.
Ain't pickin' on ya at all... and yes it is in the realm of possibility. But the % odds based on what has gone in the past with these conversions make it very unlikely.

A pix of the headlights shown in this thread from an angle in front tell us nothing about how these are actually seen by other drivers. I think everyone here likes to do a good job with their cars, and DartVader is a great guy, and has done a ton of good things with his car; I sincerely applaud creativity and willingness to try new things and be open about it. I am just very, very skeptical of any subjective claims on the matter of glare, and this is based on the lack of any objective tests or assessments being presented on this conversion, one of a type of conversion that is known to be problematic most of the times it is attempted.

The claims made here fall in the category of the "Well, it FEELS faster to me" kinda of statements we hear from time to time; the real answer about power mods lies in track times, which are actual measurements. No actual testing of any kind has been presented for this light conversion, and no neutral, experienced person has assessed it even cursorily. Since glare effects other drivers and overall highway safety, IMO it is not just something to be dismissive about.

Easiest is to just install relays with existing halogen bulbs. Take a before and after pic. You will be pleasantly surprised.

-
Back