critique my 340 w2 combo please

-
Your profile says Washington. so I assumed you might have moved to NW Montana

your combination has potential for good power but I am in agreement with the hydraulic roller being somewhat of a mismatch for your combo W2 heads M1 single plane 340 shine at high RPMs that is their Realm RPMs equal horsepower that being said I don't feel it will suffer down low too much but I think with the right solid flat tappet or roller it could be a beast

your combination has potential for good power but I am in agreement with the hydraulic roller being somewhat of a mismatch for your combo W2 heads M1 single plane 340 shine at high RPMs that is their Realm RPMs equal horsepower that being said I don't feel it will suffer down low too much but I think with the right solid flat tappet or roller it could be a beast

What is high RPM's?

Having run a similar combo I have to agree with K.O
A solid roller will maximize your engine.

Get a shift light ! You’ll need it !

7500 is pretty high for a street motor.
Especially with the pushrod angles of W2s.
And all he really needs for his application.

Bigfoot , You should call a few cam shops and get quotes on a custom roller for your application. That would tell you what direction to go. It will be worth the money spent.
And I wouldnt worry about losing bottom end with a moderate big lift solid... you will have enough power that it wont make much of a difference.

Thank you for the help everyone, the goal with engine was roughly 500hp at 6500 rpm with the parts I had availible on hand cheaply.

Im leary of springing for a new solid roller cam and lifters as it would also require springs, pushing the investment to nearly 1k. Im cheap,and have a family to raise so I have to be careful how I spend my money.
What about putting a solid roller on the cam I have and running a tight lash like .008?

that's totally understood, you have some great parts and are going to end up with a very hot motor. My car set for 13 years when I was raising my family. So great luck and it sounds like you have your priorities in line.

that's totally understood, you have some great parts and are going to end up with a very hot motor. My car set for 13 years when I was raising my family. So great luck and it sounds like you have your priorities in line.
Thank you!

I ran an M1 single plane for 20 years I loved it very rarely push my motor past 7000 RPMs it will work great on the street. Just don't over carbureted it I ran Thermo quads and the throttle response is second to none, it would flat try to rip your head off when you punched it

Thank you for the help everyone, the goal with engine was roughly 500hp at 6500 rpm with the parts I had availible on hand cheaply.

Im leary of springing for a new solid roller cam and lifters as it would also require springs, pushing the investment to nearly 1k. Im cheap,and have a family to raise so I have to be careful how I spend my money.
What about putting a solid roller on the cam I have and running a tight lash like .008?

Don't buy a new cam. Just buy a new set of solid roller lifters, set the lash at .0015-.0020 cold and run the crap out of it.

Done it many times. No reason to ever run a hydraulic roller lifter.

I ran an M1 single plane for 20 years I loved it very rarely push my motor past 7000 RPMs it will work great on the street. Just don't over carbureted it I ran Thermo quads and the throttle response is second to none, it would flat try to rip your head off when you punched it

Where are you in Oregon?? PM if you want to. Any chance you are close enough to Vancouver to go to the NWDRA swap meet in January??

That’s to tight.
Run the cam you have. I think you’ll be good.

I live in Junction City about 12 miles north of Eugene I have not been that far north in a long time I hate I-5 it makes me a little crazier, but it might be fun.

I live in Junction City about 12 miles north of Eugene I have not been that far north in a long time I hate I-5 it makes me a little crazier, but it might be fun.

Yup. That's a bit of a drive for sure. I used to drive truck a long time ago and spent many miles down that way. Damn beautiful down there.

I'm going to that swap meet. So is lead69. Rumor has that even Jpar is going. But he has some issues.

Like knowing where the swap meet really is. And he has this other quirk. He can't pass a donut shop without stopping in to get a test donut.

That usually makes him late for the swap meet.

" But he has some issues. "LMFAO

Yep. Last time we were going to meet up at this very same swap meet, I told him I get there early, I'm first or second in line and then I'm outta there in a couple of hours.

Jpar got a bit of a late start, went to the wrong place, hit several new donut shops on the way to the correct location because...well you know...they were donut shops he'd never tried before and by the time he finally got that, I was already back at my brothers house, on my second bowl of hot chocolate.

This year I have a booth there so I'll be there all dang day.

I Jpar makes it this time, and has enough patience to wait until the swap meet is over I'll take him out for his CHEESEBURGER.

-
Back