Cross Ram Intake Manifold for LA series engine?

-

race66

Reaction score
Help me out please.:) For the LA series engine. Did anyone make a cross ram intake manifold for this particular application? I know the big blocks and hemi's had them, even from the factory. But I've looked at the various "big name" manifold brands and they show nothing.

Thanks

Edelbrock made the STR12, but they haven't made it for 35 years or so. They come up for sale every now and then, but they're usually pretty expensive. Some of us have been trying to get Edelbrock to do another run of them. You should bug them, too.

E-mail Mr. Raymond Garcia at Edelbrock & tell him you want them to re-cast the STR-12 for your engine. There's a thread with pictures of the manifold under the fuel section here....

It don't do any good Edelbrock says they will not make anymore! I would think if they can sell them why not make them and make some $$$$! I probably know a 100 people that would buy one for a grand or more! Hell I would take two of them for a grand each! I am making my own version of a crossram setup! When it is done I will post some pictures of it!

I received an E-mail from Mr. Garcia about a week ago saying they would discuss at one of their meetings. Also another poster here says he spoke to a woman at Edelbrock who told him that she believed an order of at least 30 would be sufficient to at least do a limited production run. While that DOES seem low maybe if enough Mopar fans were to E-amil or call Edelbrock and commit to purchasing the manifold they would at least consider it. I already notified them myself & committed to 3 of the manifolds if they make 'em. It does absolutely no harm to ask & as the saying goes, "there's strength in numbers". What've you got to lose??????

Hemicop, If you have a complete email address please post it, I'll send a request for one and would guess others will also. Thanks, Gene:burnout:

i have a new str 12 i ve had for 15 years and its never been installed super nice 1600.00 mike 931 788 2873

I received an E-mail from Mr. Garcia about a week ago saying they would discuss at one of their meetings. Also another poster here says he spoke to a woman at Edelbrock who told him that she believed an order of at least 30 would be sufficient to at least do a limited production run. While that DOES seem low maybe if enough Mopar fans were to E-amil or call Edelbrock and commit to purchasing the manifold they would at least consider it. I already notified them myself & committed to 3 of the manifolds if they make 'em. It does absolutely no harm to ask & as the saying goes, "there's strength in numbers". What've you got to lose??????

If a substanial Mopar retailer like Mancini Racing would get onboard maybe Edelbrock would be more inclined to do a run of them.

Thanks guys for coming back on an answer, once "no's" and names were thrown out there, I recall Edelbrock, yeah I am "old school" all motor, no juice. Anyway, I'll throw in my two bits worth to Edlebrock and ride the wave. Again thanks for the update.

-
Back