Cuda Capers: 7-08-07

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Last minute change of plans gave me another beautiful day of wrenching on my Mistress. I must say, we've been having some spectacular weather up here in the north-east. 90 degree temps with hardly any humidity. BEAUTIFUL! I know you guys from So Cal see this so often your probably yawning.... I hate you all. 8)

I installed my engine compartment brake lines and plumbed the master cylinder. I'll bring home my power bleeder and get the system bled and operating again.
Barracuda342-vi.jpg

With the brake lines in, I plan on dumping the engine in next weekend.
Barracuda344-vi.jpg

I also figured out my tach mount.
Barracuda350-vi.jpg

I traced the defroster grill and fabricated a steel plate sandwiching an aluminum bracket that the tach mounts to.
Barracuda348-vi.jpg

Mine is similar to the ACME unit that's out there, where the plate slips under the dash pad. I tried to use one and the damn tach housing jumped all over the place. I figured if I distribute the weight between the defroster opening and held tension on it and clamped it from the bottom, it should be nice and tight. It is.... And nothing gets hacked. When I made the aluminum plate I cut it short so the tach wires can go through the plate and slip into the defroster opening underneath the steel plate on top. I'll either braid or wrap the wires and sink a grommet in the plate and route them out of sight.
Barracuda341-vi.jpg

Yeah.... this is fun again. Until the next snafu !

Barracuda339-vi.jpg

Ah yes... nothing like a genuine New York bagel (Not those "things" you people eat from out of state....) and an ice coffee while the monkey works.

Barracuda342-vi.jpg

Barracuda342-vi.jpg

Barracuda344-vi.jpg

Barracuda344-vi.jpg

Barracuda350-vi.jpg

Barracuda350-vi.jpg

Barracuda348-vi.jpg

Barracuda348-vi.jpg

Barracuda341-vi.jpg

Barracuda341-vi.jpg

Barracuda339-vi.jpg

Barracuda339-vi.jpg

Thanks dude.... I love it too. I saw a GTX yesterday at the show that was painted LL1.

Didn't look as good as mine! :cheers:

that is just rockin! glad to see it going to together. i can't wait to have an engine bay that clean. i just finished the underside and am putting it back together. keep us informed, this is a great build.

It has been nice here in the northeast. Got a little done on my Dart this week, but got a long way to go before it's lookin' as good as yours!

Wow, now thats a nice looking car! Kudos man...BTW whats a bagel???? Here in South TX we only eat steak-N-eggs! lol

Jason

-
Back