'Cuda Concept featured in Mopar Action

-

Macha

Reaction score
It's not an official concept, sorry, but it is a pretty badass concept. I got the April '08 issue (April already?!?!?! Getting a little excited, aren't they?) in the mail the other day, and what do I spy on the cover but a drop-dead gorgeous 'Cuda "BBP" smiling back at me. MA doesn't have the article online, but I did take the liberty of sharing the photos from pgs. 12-14.

The guy who had this thing built is named Curtis MacIntyre, and he went to the Gaffoglio Family's Metalcrafters shop in Cali to have it built. It was even featured in the Mopar booth at SEMA with a plaque that just said "2008 Concept 'Cuda," so I guess some of you may have seen it there or in pictures.

Still, it's pretty nice-looking (though I probably would've mounted the fog lights behind something.... They just look kinda lost hanging out there in front, like they were stuck on with double-sided tape at the last minute). It says the guy also has ideas for a GTX and a Road Runner, as well as re-doing the Charger like it should've been done in the first place. Can't wait to see those. :D

(The "BBP" designation, he says, stands for "Bring Back Plymouth". :D)

CudaConceptpg1.jpg

ConceptCudapg2.jpg

And of course, the images belong to Mopar Action. I don't have permission, but then again I'm not reposting the whole article. You'll still have to pick up a copy of MA to get all the fun technical goodies. :)

I like it ... a lot!!! I would put down a deposit on this one. Granted, I would have to figure out where the balance would come from. ;-)

Plymouth cuda?
Chrysler cuda?

Cuda by Chrysler?

I have not read tghe article so forgive my ignorance.Just curious as to what it would be called.

I'm sure everyone has their idea of what changes they would make to that body.
I would vote for some deviations in the rear tail panel as it reminds me too closely of the new mustang, the swept bulges in the wheel openings need smoothed out, and the carbon fiber, to me, belongs on the honda's.

Changes to those area's would really get me excited.

looks like a flamebird from the rear and some kind of amc with the headlites

I saw this car at the Good Guys show in Phoenix. It was in the Barrett-Jackson booth. Sorry, but I didn't care for it. The body lines seemed weird and the rear panel did not remind me of a Cuda. Plus, this thing looked massive! The new Challenger will be much nicer, and somewhat shorter.

Mopar Collectors Guide had an article on that car in their latest issue. The chassis is a stock Charger SRT8 chassis and most of the interior is stock Charger SRT8. While not perfect it is far more appealing then the current Charger and proves mopar could have built us a nice two door sooner. Car will be auctioned off at Barret Jackson in January.

Er, no sir, I don't like it. Too much 69 Camaro in it and that grille, yuck! Besides, without Plymouth there is no 'Cuda. :(

i think the rear end is too slanted.. the rest of it is decent.. i think i like it better then the new challenger.

-
Back