Cuda Stereo system

-

Treblig

Reaction score
Finally...I don't have a question. But I have talked about my 500 watt stereo system and since I had to remove my back seat I thought I would take some pics and share them. I know you guys and gals are always looking for ways to modify/improve your ride. I love my music and I like it loud so I built this metal frame to mount behind the rear seat. I designed it to bolt to the same two bolts (per side) that hold the back of the seat upright. I also have two kids and they ride with me often so I really worried about being in an accident with only lap belts. To solve the two problems (stereo speaker mounts and seat belt mounts) I built this 1/8" X 1 1/2" metal frame to also attach the shoulder harness seat belts to. I mounted two 10" subs and my amps to this 1/2" plywood board which is attached to the metal frame. The metal frame also gave me a place to mount a head rest to help protect the back seat riders from whip lash....at least that's what I tell my kids LOL!!! I really wanted a place to but the BARRACUDA LOGO!!!!LOLOLOLOL!!!

In the first pic you can see the speakers from the trunk point of view. Also in the pics you can see the small arm rests (speaker boxes) I made for the smaller 50 watt rear speakers (yellow arm rests under rear window cranks). There's not a whole lot of room in a fastback Barracuda and this was the only place I could find for two 10" subs and the big amps!!! The last pic shows the metal bracket looking through the back glass. I tried to make it stealth (so it wasn't so noticeable). Nobody even knows it's there until I crank up the volume and watch their jaws drop!!!

Treblig

Attachments

• DSC02660.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC02677.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC02674.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC02672.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC02671.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC02669.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC02667.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC02665.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC02664.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC02662.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 216
When the seat is installed you have no idea the speaker/amp system or seat belt system is there!!!

treblig

Attachments

• DSC01629.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 213
Thanks, been working on it for years to get it perfect for street cruising!!

treblig

Thanks, 89on35s!!! I wouldn't have been able to get these pics except for the fact that the stereo system stopped working all of a sudden. Had to remove rear seat to troubleshoot. I took it to two different stereo shops and they both said that they were booked for the next two weeks. I really got pissed off because I had gone through all the trouble of removing the seat so they could get to it. I went back home and started troubleshooting myself. After a couple of hours I found the small wire (off the stereo) that turns the amps "on" wasn't functioning properly. It's a fairly new stereo. I simply found an extra fuse that's hot with the ignition "on" and ran the amp wire through a 4 amp fuse. Problem solved!!
Got my JAMS back!!!! ROCK & ROLL BABY!!!!

Treblig

Looks great!

Thanks, I worked on that darn metal cage for about three days to get it to fit just right then another couple of days to make the board and mount the speakers and amps...then I had to get them wired!!! Here's a pic of the 50 watt front speakers, I mounted them as high a possible so they would be hidden. The one on the driver's side is up there so high it blocks the vent door but I never use the doors anyway because I live in S. Texas by the ocean so it's always hot and humid, A/C country. If it's too cool outside for AC you just roll down the windows and crank up the JAMS!!!

Treblig

Attachments

• DSC02691.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC02690.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC02689.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 146
It's funny that a lot of folks don't like loud stereos in old cars. Love how the amp and stuff is hidden. I don't like seeing any of it, like the molded boxes on overhaulin' but I like to hear my tunes over the 360 sometimes. ;)
I'm likin this.. a lot. VERY nice setup.
I'll be doing a write up on my speaker setup as soon as I can get off my but and do it.
Basically I've got 2 punch 12's that will be in the rear quarter panels ( Duster ) covered by hide away panels.
Should be just enough room in the quarters for big enough boxes ( one on each side )
I had them behind the rear seat, but since I did the fold down seat conversion, the speakers are in the way.

It's funny that a lot of folks don't like loud stereos in old cars. Love how the amp and stuff is hidden. I don't like seeing any of it, like the molded boxes on overhaulin' but I like to hear my tunes over the 360 sometimes. ;)
I'm likin this.. a lot. VERY nice setup.
I'll be doing a write up on my speaker setup as soon as I can get off my but and do it.
Basically I've got 2 punch 12's that will be in the rear quarter panels ( Duster ) covered by hide away panels.
Should be just enough room in the quarters for big enough boxes ( one on each side )
I had them behind the rear seat, but since I did the fold down seat conversion, the speakers are in the way.

Don't let the big subs fool you. I grew up with Hendrix, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Donovan, Pink Floyd, Neil Diamond, Sadaka, Marty Robbins, Leslie Gore and on and on and on. So the loud music is basically Oldies/Rock and Roll with some 70s and 80s thrown in for good measure. As for the loud music, my ears are shot (machine shop and aircraft), so the bass really hurts. The bass is turned way down and the treble is turned up. The 10" subs still put out some bass but doesn't bother the neighbors as much. The folks at the car shows LOVE IT!!!
I have 350 songs on an ipod WITH NO COMMERCIALS...Love it.

I have a rear seat fold down set-up for my Cuda and was going to use it but I can't because the metal frame for the seat belts/ amps/speakers bolts to the seat back and uses the seat as support. There's no way to use the fold down unless I attached the metal frame to the rear floor. This car is so nice and original I hate to drill any more holes in it. Maybe some day???

PS - Glad you liked my set up. It's a bit overboard BUT YOU SHOULD HEAR THE MUSIC!!!!

treblig

-
Back