Cure for the common cold?

-

kiss

Reaction score
Friend has been preaching this for years. Wanted to see if anyone has tried it. I currently have chest congestion/head cold. I'm not bed ridden or anything and I'm able to work. Just an annoying cold.

What he says to do is to "sweat it out" by doing the following. Take a bunch of vitamin-C, like some of those dissolve in water EmergenC packs. Then wait about an hour.

Get a 12 pack of beer and make them nice and cold. Then get in the hot tub. Rest in the hot tub but when you start getting warm pound beers. Make sure you have someone there with you to make sure nothing bad happens when you get drunk. Keep pounding them to keep body temp down until you run out. Stay in the hot tub as long as possible. It "sweats the sickness right out of you" and the alcohol kills the bacteria. Then before passing out drink a bottle of Gatorade and a couple glasses of water to hydrate and avoid a hangover.

I explain that common cold = virus but he insists that it does work.

LOL --- has anyone done anything like this?!

Sounds pretty stupid.
The common cold is a virus that has to run its course. The bodies immune system if not immunocomprimised will usually beat most colds within a week 10 days at max. What that individual is saying as far as I know has no medical basis or merit. Just saying.

The common cold is a virus that has to run its course. The bodies immune system if not immunocomprimised will usually beat most colds within a week 10 days at max. What that individual is saying as far as I know has no medical basis or merit. Just saying.

I think I said the same thing in three words.

Getting drunk usually makes me forget I'm sick, but a 12 pack, come on how 'bout some Tequila YE HAW!!!

Jeff

So that's why house builders and painters hardly ever get the common cold. LOL

-
Back