Curious pics?

-

dartjack

Reaction score
I know someone has them. I need good pics of the k member mounting pads on the frame and k frame. Trying to figure out what locates/aligns the k frame to the frame.

Thank
Jackie

I think there is only one way for it to go. If you use the correct shouldered bolts it will self align.
C

I think there is only one way for it to go. If you use the correct shouldered bolts it will self align.
C

yep... there is no alignment dowels or anything. the bolt have a wide shouder on them that fits the hole in the k

This is the best I got.

KMEMBER.jpg

I'll take a look tomorrow, but I believe the bolts also have a tapered seat similar to a lug nut. That will pull it into alignment when you tighten it.

Thanks guys. As an after thought maybe I should have posted in the suspension forum. Wondering how much geometry would be compromised by moving the K member forward and down about 1/2 inch. More caster would be good. More oil pan clearance would be good. More steering box room would be nice,maybe power steering. Torsion bar angle and length would be off a little but not much.

BTW 400 stroker planned. Still in what if phase.

Feel free to chime in now that the idea is out. I'm pretty sure someone has tried this in the past. They are probably not talking to protect the guilty.

Jackie

Thanks guys. As an after thought maybe I should have posted in the suspension forum. Wondering how much geometry would be compromised by moving the K member forward and down about 1/2 inch. More caster would be good. More oil pan clearance would be good. More steering box room would be nice,maybe power steering. Torsion bar angle and length would be off a little but not much.

BTW 400 stroker planned. Still in what if phase.

Feel free to chime in now that the idea is out. I'm pretty sure someone has tried this in the past. They are probably not talking to protect the guilty.

Jackie

thats what we do with no issues. we weld a 1/2" plate to the k member for motor clearance for those big hemi heads!

-
Back