curious

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Checking with my local dealer for tires o my 65 Formula S. He recommended 185-75-R14. Does this sound correct? Car is totally stock. I do want it to look correct though. I see all sizes you guy's are putting on these. The ones on it now are 695-14
Thanks

The 185 is correct for the 6.95. By today's standards these may seem a little narrow. I think 205s will fit without any trouble and still look correct. I hope someone will post a few pictures so you can get a feel of how the different sizes look. My 66 Barracuda is sort of in storage for the winter and taking pictures is out of the questions.

Thanks Mike
I wouldn't know what it's like to put the car up for winter. I live in a much more moderate climate than you. Once my fish is complete I will be able to drive her most any time that we don't have rain in the forecast. We rarely have snow. Now that I said that we may get buried in it next week.

I have a 66 Barracuda and run 205 75 R14 Uniroyal Tiger Paw white walls.

Could probably go a little bigger on back, but they look good...nearly like stock.

Attachments

• Front Wheels and Tires.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 150
  • rear wheels and tires.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 145
That looks awesome. My 65 Formula S is gold also. Haven't decided on white or black wall tires, but yours may help me with that decision. I still have the mag type hub caps.

Thanks! I just checked out the pictures in your gallery. Nice 65 you got there!!!!

Check out my pictures in the link under my avatar. Mine is Silver Metallic and it's original color but mine is not a true "Formula S". Someone before me added the badges. When I get around to painting it, I'll remove them. I do have the Commando motor in it though.

I currently have 205/70/14 on my 69. This will give you an idea on what a white letter tire in that size would look like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 121
Thanks, looks awesome. That is what I want mine to look like

Thanks, I'm actually going to be upgrading to 15" rallye wheels in the near future. Those tires look good but need to be replaced due to age. I'd like something a little wider for the rear this time around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 100
Looks great. I had thought about changing my wheels, even tried to find some old school chrome reverse wheels. Think I've decided to keep the mag type factory hub caps. Finally found the 2 inch lug nuts for those, so will stay with 14's for now.

-
Back