custom backspace rims (wheel vintiques says nope)

-

cli55er

Tem Greene's Nephew
Reaction score
I called Wheel Vinitques today to get a set of 63 OE Chrysler Black in 15x10 5x4 bolt pattern with 7.25 backspacing and 2.75 front. they say nope....we don't do that anymore cause people were complaining. I said....well now I'm complianing that you don't!

so....anyone know where I can get this done these days? gonna suck running round on my bald (from burnouts) 265 series tires with my mini tub waiting for these 295 cobras that i have no rims for.

Stockton Wheel "WOULD" make anything you want, but I've not been able to get them on the phone in MONTHS. Like since late last year. I think they may be done.

i also called the wheel smith... was on hold up to being sent to VM.....waiting for a call back. but anyone else wanna take my money???

i do have a set of fronts that i had to replace cause the wilwood bolt pattern is 5x4.5.....wonder how hard it would be to just make these myself. probably would turn out all kinds of fudged up though i bet.

Stockton Wheel "WOULD" make anything you want, but I've not been able to get them on the phone in MONTHS. Like since late last year. I think they may be done.
i tried calling both numbers.....out of service...but the website is working. def wouldn't want to send my money or rims there if i can't call them.

I just went through this nonsense myself, was very frustrating. Being a Canadian, I had Summit ship my wheels to Green's wheel in B.C. who modified them. They turned out excellent.

I believe Stockton closed its doors, Wheel Smith doesn't have the correct centers, or they could have done it. Their wheels have the 4 lug cap centers, not 3.

I just went through this nonsense myself, was very frustrating. Being a Canadian, I had Summit ship my wheels to Green's wheel in B.C. who modified them. They turned out excellent.

I believe Stockton closed its doors, Wheel Smith doesn't have the correct centers, or they could have done it. Their wheels have the 4 lug cap centers, not 3.

Man, Stockton says "since 1887" ... that is sad...

what do you mean 4 lug cap not 3? isn't it a 5 lug? the only difference I saw was they had 5x4.5 bolt pattern....but I have a set of unused 5x4 bolt pattern rims they could rob the centers from.

anyone use diamond racing wheels? website is a bit outdated....but i might call them next.

edit: got a VM that didn't sound like a business when calling the 800 number....was a lady's voice saying this is Karen....something something. i'll try again tomorrow.

what do you mean 4 lug cap not 3? isn't it a 5 lug? the only difference I saw was they had 5x4.5 bolt pattern....but I have a set of unused 5x4 bolt pattern rims they could rob the centers from.
What he means is that their centers have four bumps to retain poverty caps, instead of three.
E.T. Mags (Team lll) will make custom wheels with custom b.s. and 5 on4, but I don't think steel wheels, aluminum only. One of the very few that will make a custom 5 on 4 bolt pattern wheel. They WON'T be cheap.

Just had a set made last month 12 inch 7 1/2 BS. $100 a wheel. Local to me . Where is DFW? usually a close location listed gets you more replies. here are pictures of what we picked up. We provided the centers from standard Mopar wheels. They are a company that makes modified Nascar wheels. They also make bead locks

100_0049.JPG

100_0050.JPG

What he means is that their centers have four bumps to retain poverty caps, instead of three.
E.T. Mags (Team lll) will make custom wheels with custom b.s. and 5 on4, but I don't think steel wheels, aluminum only. One of the very few that will make a custom 5 on 4 bolt pattern wheel. They WON'T be cheap.
that makes more sense....oddly enough the picture on there website has 3 bumps. but to the point....i can ship them a set of 5x4 rims and they can rob them to build the new ones. guess we will see what they say IF they ever call me back.

also found this....but the number just hangs up on me when i call. CWS Wheels....but i think this is a big time operation not too interested in a peon like me looking for two customs rims.

Just had a set made last month 12 inch 7 1/2 BS. $100 a wheel. Local to me . Where is DFW? usually a close location listed gets you more replies. here are pictures of what we picked up. We provided the centers from standard Mopar wheels. They are a company that makes modified Nascar wheels. They also make bead locks

View attachment 1716114188

View attachment 1716114189
Dallas Fort Worth. where did you get those done at? **** at 100 a piece i'll send my centers yesterday! looks like somewhere in PA i'm guessing. number??

Bair wheels. They ship wheels all over the US. I gave them 15 inch wheels and they made these. They can also use 14-inch centers . they have a spacer ring for them. He is an older gent and travels the modified Nascar circuit. We picked them up at the track in lehighton. He ships sand dune wheels to the west coast.

https://www.buzzfile.com/business/Bair-Wheel-Repair-570-943-2049

Thanks, I'll give him a call. :) fingers crossed.

how long was your lead time?

edit: called and left VM....looks like I'd have to get them powder coated as well.

found a place called Rimspec.... not sure if links are allowed on here...so just naming them. they are literally right down the road from me. say they can do custom widths....and powdercoating. fingers crossed there as well.

well....rimspec says he don't like doing steel, but he will do it....didn't sound super confident....sounds like he wants aluminum.....and then he quoted me 450 a rim. i said ....no. not sure why i would pay 450 a rim when you are hesitant to take the work. and he was worried i would be drag racing on them. sigh....yeah...i'll pass man.

I know this won't help, but......
I have the exact wheel to fit your needs, except it's not steel. It's a centerline autodrag, and I don't want to sell them. 10 1/2 rim with 7 1/4 b.s., double drilled 5 on 4, and 5 on 4.5. It was factory optional, MANY years ago, 15x7 front half,15x14 back half.

I know this won't help, but......
I have the exact wheel to fit your needs, except it's not steel. It's a centerline autodrag, and I don't want to sell them. 10 1/2 rim with 7 1/4 b.s., double drilled 5 on 4, and 5 on 4.5. It was factory optional, MANY years ago, 15x7 front half,15x14 back half.
no that doesn't help lol, but thanks for posting i guess :)

-
Back