custom backspace rims (wheel vintiques says nope)

-
Wont get them rims back till the end of the month. So maybe I should wait to sell these other ones lol. I’ll let you know how this guy turns out. Might be a good resource for the group. He ain’t cheap so he better do a damn good job. It’s the same guy as a few posts back that was hesitant… but talking to him in person and seeing what I wanted he was more confident. He had all the equipment to do steel as well…. Which is the problem with most places as they only do aluminum.

Or maybe I’ll just keep these other ones for some slicks or something….don’t need them to be perfect to go 1/4 mile. Hmmmmmmmm

i'm in the market for a builder of rims in 18x6 , for my saltracer or drylands racer . taylor was the guy for years and now he won't build them . these rims must be near perf , round without any run out . my tires are firestone bonnyville sport speed specials , this is not just a 1/4 mile racer it's miles , looking for 250 mph with my 286 inch early hemi . there the shiny one .

just a pile.JPG

Yeah this guy I got probably isn’t your guy…….

This used to be a simple $25 procedure how in the hell has it turned to rocket science with all this freaking run out

Okydoky it makes sense....I've been chopping my own driveshafts since price went from $40 to $180....smh

well if anyone would sell me the bands for my 18's i'd make my own rims , been there done that you can say . here is 15x8 bands with full wheel covers from the 14's and there 4' bc as well , just as the customer ordered .

DSC00099.JPG

DSC00100.JPG

DSC00101.JPG

DSC00102.JPG

DSC00093.JPG

Hell I'm ready to chop the centers out of these NOS small bolt pattern Chrome slots and weld them in the centers of some 15×4 hoops from some then get them re dipped...Sox & Martan style 4" pattern

20230730_151506.jpg

yes now you need some rears , man i had some of those many years ago , and cut them up to widen some other rims to 14x9's for the rear of my 69 gts , well i only have the stock 4 bc pattern rims to cut the centers from , and i've got just a few 15x8 bands with that small of a section for mating with those 4 bc pattern centers . here is my 69 gt dart with my 15x8's on the rear very tight on the springs , but never touched . did a set for one of my 67 300 rags with drums . disc's are an issue if the car came with 15's stock , the earlier disc's where smaller in dia .

DSC03650.JPG

DSC03651.JPG

DSC03642.JPG

DSC07070.JPG

DCP01134.JPG

-
Back