Custom Dash Pad

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
I decided I wasn't going to pay hundreds of $'s on a refurbished dash pad; so I took it down to a local upholstery shop and told them what I wanted for my 68 Dart.. This is the top.. the bottom is being finished as we type.. cost was $100 not bad IMO as the top pad was cracked to hell.
2011-12-13161541.jpg

2011-12-13161545.jpg

2011-12-13161547.jpg

2011-12-13161606.jpg

2011-12-13161624.jpg

Yeah, they did a really great job! I have seen several attempts to cover dash pads that didn't turn out so great. I like the stitching.

THx guys.. I can't wait to get the bottom back and put in the car.. the red stitching matched my blk and red paint scheme.

wow. i like it alot!! never thought about bringing it to an upholstery shop to have something sewed on it...

yeah I'm planning on getting the same stitching on my door panels too.

looks great:thumbup:

I think the biggest problem with these cars is that the dash pads really go to hell when they start to go (the one that was in my Duster could never have been recovered because it was nowhere near the original shape lol).

looks great:thumbup:

I think the biggest problem with these cars is that the dash pads really go to hell when they start to go (the one that was in my Duster could never have been recovered because it was nowhere near the original shape lol).

Mine was cracked all over and in the middle it was bowed and had a 3/4" gap where the bow was... I was pessimistic about the outcome of the product to say the least, but they assured me it would look great.

can i ship a decent one out to you, you get mine done, and ill send payment?lol and ill pay for your time also!

of all the work i do myself, that is one thing i have not tried!

Wasn't sure what to expect from the thread title, but I think it turned out great. The accenting on the stitching will really look good if you do incorporate the theme on the door panels.

Grant

can i ship a decent one out to you, you get mine done, and ill send payment?lol and ill pay for your time also!

of all the work i do myself, that is one thing i have not tried!

I can do that if u'd like. Or I can give you the info and you can ship directly the the company.

That looks awesome! Stitching is killer....

I'm assuming that by 'upholstery shop', you mean like a furniture-type place? And not the typical auto-upholstery place?

The pad on my Dart had Stitching kind of like that. Think it was redone before the aftermarket kicked in. When I had JustDashes redo it they said they would not restitch it like it was.

I took my dash pad down to a local shop to have something like that done. Mine is in good shape, only a few minor cracks, but I wanted it to look nice. The guy asked for $300 to wrap it in vinyl.... I told him where he could put the dash pad. I wish a shop around here would do that for $100. It looks great!

I'm sure if guys really want to have it done you could call the shop I had mine done at and see if you could ship it.

I'm sure if guys really want to have it done you could call the shop I had mine done at and see if you could ship it.
Where is it located as some might be close to it.BTW it looks good.My 06 charger is a daytona version and it has the stitching in the seats and shifter,really looks good combined like your doing.

Where is it located as some might be close to it.BTW it looks good.My 06 charger is a daytona version and it has the stitching in the seats and shifter,really looks good combined like your doing.

Newport News, VA
Kirk's upholstery

Can you post a pic of the underside and the back?

I had mine done a few years ago simular to that. Looks great.

Thats cool bud. I had the Barracuda emblem put in mine and it now looks like crap. So I have a shop here that is going to redo it.

I just got the bottom pads back.. they did a great job.. the stitching is very straight on these b/c there were no cracks they had to cover with foam like the top.. over all I love it..
2011-12-19172943.jpg

2011-12-19172926.jpg

2011-12-19172915.jpg

2011-12-19172127.jpg

2011-12-19172112.jpg

-
Back