Custom gauge replacement

-

kocuda

Reaction score
Well I finally have gotten around to installing the Autometer gauges into the dash of my 67, been at it for 2 days and this is how far I've gotten. The gauges are mounted, what a chore! Not much left of the back of the instrument panel, but I think the new look is going to be killer. Stll have some switches to add where the radio was mounted, then the fun begins sorting out all the wiring.
I enclosed a couple of pictures.
By the way I have all the old gauges, and 150 mph speedo and a working performance guage as well as both circut boards for sale.
I'll up date as progess continues.

P5110001.jpg

P5110003.jpg

As promised here's a couple of updated pictures. Dash is ready to reinstall, I'll post more pictures of the completed install.

P5130002.jpg

P5130004.jpg

very nice, I bet you spent a few bucks on those guages!! sweet set-up!!

Its actually thin engine turned aluminum with a protective plastic coating in decal form. Pretty neat stuff, you buy it by the lineal foot. Found it on line at hotrodworks.net, a 24"x4' sheet was around $40 with postage.

Its actually thin engine turned aluminum with a protective plastic coating in decal form. Pretty neat stuff, you buy it by the lineal foot. Found it on line at hotrodworks.net, a 24"x4' sheet was around $40 with postage.

hey, not to hi-jack your post here, but you can also get that stuff at the local sign-making shops. I scored some fake diamond plate and it looks sweet!!

Looks great!

I love your car, but you know that.

I finally burnt my fan switch out since my dumb *** kept procrastinating from installing a relay.
Luckily it happened on my street and not a couple days earlier 100 miles from home.

WOW !!!! that's a very cool looking dash man how much time and $$$$$ did you spend on this project???? thanks Z_daddy

z daddy,
Right now as far as cost which includes gauges, wire and connectors, sending unit for speedo, fuel cell with sender, and misc, I'm at close to $1200.00.
As for time right now I'm pushing at least 40 hours and I stll have the speedo sending unit to install and connect.

z daddy,
Right now as far as cost which includes gauges, wire and connectors, sending unit for speedo, fuel cell with sender, and misc, I'm at close to $1200.00.
As for time right now I'm pushing at least 40 hours and I stll have the speedo sending unit to install and connect.

Sweet, but OUchhhhhhhhhh. I cant play with the big boys!:angry7:lol

If you still have the plastic bezel piece that was the climate control windows, I'd love to have it.

-
Back