Custom reluctor ring, suggestions on where to get one

-
About $5 will buy an arduino nano, it can generate the simulated crank and cam sensors. The evaluation version of CVAVR compiler is free. An eight channel logic analyzer made in China about $15 might work with sigrok.org software. Or buy real Saleae Logic $150 nicely made with better software and support.

I have provided example software for generating sensor signals on my post about COP ignition project.

Yeh.......heh..........But Dave a person has to know what to do with all that!!! LOL

Sooooo, why not just run the oe crank sensor?
I'm lost.

About $5 will buy an arduino nano, it can generate the simulated crank and cam sensors. The evaluation version of CVAVR compiler is free. An eight channel logic analyzer made in China about $15 might work with sigrok.org software. Or buy real Saleae Logic $150 nicely made with better software and support.

I have provided example software for generating sensor signals on my post about COP ignition project.

Simulated crank and cam sensor? Isn't the point to test what the new sensor is generating for inputs?

Either way, I think it's a bit of an oversimplification. Easy to buy a nano (already have a Raspberry Pi, never even booted it up), but the software and learning curve is more than just grabbing your example software.

Little bit like handing a newbie a camshaft and telling him to install it. It's just a remove and replace process, right?

Sooooo, why not just run the oe crank sensor?
I'm lost.

Not sure if you mean why not use the OE sensor in the stock location, or with a front mount setup.

If you mean in the OE location, I have neither a Magnum block to mount one without buying an adapter, nor do I have a 134T flywheel with notches that is balance for my LA motor. I could buy both and spend $400 or more, but not only does it cost but I would have to pull the motor to install them.

If you mean, why not use the OE sensor in the front mount setup I have been working on, it's because the sensor is big and bulky. Pretty sure it is like 4" long or more. I think in the end it would make for a messy looking install.

-
Back