Custom Tub Front End 71 Scamp

-
i really like the plate that you put on that firewall. it really "cleaned" things up. I love every part of this car. On one of the photos i noticed some of the welds i wouldnt be comfortable with in between the frame rails where the shock mounts to. That may be just me though.
No its not just you, but that was just my first pass filling a large gap, the finished weld is much better. It didn't really require a weld there I just added it for extra strength.

The uppers are from Magnum Force, I had 450 lb springs in it first and they where to heavy, I have now put in 350 lb springs and it is perfect.

ok thanks,, i have the orignal style A arms from magnum force,,,nothing like yours,,, i thought they were going to be like yours,, i just refuse to spend money with him again,,, my spring rate is much higher then yours,, im at 500 or 550 cant rememebr,,,,but my frotn end is super heavy,,,,almost 2000 on the steer tires,,,,X block, iron heads,,and blower all add up,,,,

your car looks great...

Just wanted to let every one no that the suspension worked awesome, It drives straight as an arrow on the street and track. I would not change a thing. Well except for my choice on the single adj shocks, I think I will go with double adj on the back, my 60's are not where I would like them and very little weight transfer. Even with a 1.40 60' and a 9.99 @ 133 mph the front tires never left the ground, not saying that is a bad thing just think there is more in it yet with some better shocks and adjustments.

You might not have enough suspension travel in the front for it to weight transfer.how long is the front shock?

Attachments

• 125.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 253
Think you made it private biaccident or the link is wrong. but i wanna see!8)
works for me.nice work steve,do you know how much weight it saved?and i'm friending you on facebook.it'll be lorna rombough..,mike bad440

You might not have enough suspension travel in the front for it to weight transfer.how long is the front shock?
don't have a # in length for you, car is put away for the winter. There was very little choices in length with the design I have built, it is what it is. the length was decided by max height I could mount the upper bracket. the choice in shock design is what will make the difference. Again at this point the transfer is not hindering me,I am not spinning a tire on launch and the car 60' is a 1.40 with a clutch that was not set up write.(slipper clutch style) I am confident next year will prove to be a grate year with a few changes.

View attachment DSCN4293-2.jpg

works for me.nice work steve,do you know how much weight it saved?and i'm friending you on facebook.it'll be lorna rombough..,mike bad440
Its tuff to say with all the changes I made all at once, the R3 engine is 60lbs heavier, clutch was 30lb less, ladder bar system ? all in all the car is 150lbs lighter. 2900lbs me in the car. best guess 100lbs on the front suspension.

-
Back