Custom vinyl stripes?

-

ValiantK360

Reaction score
I have been getting ideas for eventually putting nice black vinyl stripes on my '68 Valiant. I like the AAR Duster stripes for sure and I would think they would look sharp. Just the plain AAR stripes with or without the extra "340/360" vinyl along with the "Duster" (or in this case Valiant) sticker right near that. I would want to see how they would look first through Photoshop or some other editing software first. I'm not too good yet at those programs somehow (I used Photoshop before, but I'm rusty and probably won't do a great job), but if any of you know someone on FABO who could do that, that would be great! Also, another thing, if I do get the vinyls, where would I buy them from? I hear some people on FABO can make them custom from scratch too. It will be a little while from now, but I just want to know ahead of time. Let me know your guys think, thanks everyone! :glasses7:

Here are some pics of those Duster AAR stripes that I'm strongly considering for my Valiant. I do like the "360" vinyl right behind the stripe and if it could say Valiant right in front of "360" vinyl, that would be perfect. As I said just ideas! :D

Attachments

• aar_stripes_duster.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 361
  • dusteraarmockup.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 351
  • 1972-Plymouth-Duster-340-with-Modified-360-Panel-Tape-Stripe-Detail-In-Violet-Paint-_Bennigan_s-.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 362
  • bg-pic-f.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 376
I have been getting ideas for eventually putting nice black vinyl stripes on my '68 Valiant. I like the AAR Duster stripes for sure and I would think they would look sharp. Just the plain AAR stripes with or without the extra "340/360" vinyl along with the "Duster" (or in this case Valiant) sticker right near that. I would want to see how they would look first through Photoshop or some other editing software first. I'm not too good yet at those programs somehow (I used Photoshop before, but I'm rusty and probably won't do a great job), but if any of you know someone on FABO who could do that, that would be great! Also, another thing, if I do get the vinyls, where would I buy them from? I hear some people on FABO can make them custom from scratch too. It will be a little while from now, but I just want to know ahead of time. Let me know your guys think, thanks everyone! :glasses7:

Here are some pics of those Duster AAR stripes that I'm strongly considering for my Valiant. I do like the "360" vinyl right behind the stripe and if it could say Valiant right in front of "360" vinyl, that would be perfect. As I said just ideas! :D

challenger gary makes those. I have a set of hemi orange strobe stripes w/ no call out, for my 68 fastback. am waiting on warmer weather to put them on, before I put my door handles back on.

challenger gary makes those. I have a set of hemi orange strobe stripes w/ no call out, for my 68 fastback. am waiting on warmer weather to put them on, before I put my door handles back on.

Oh awesome! I will keep that in mind. Thanks for telling me who makes them, I will message them when I can about them.

Another vote for Challengergary. You should be able to search him on the member list and send him a private message.

Don't use vinyl. No matter what you do they only have a 5 year life span. Use paint, will last much longer, gives a cleaner look, and care is easier.

Another vote for ChallengerGary, he'll make anything you want. At least he did for me :D

Don't use vinyl. No matter what you do they only have a 5 year life span. Use paint, will last much longer, gives a cleaner look, and care is easier.

Yes, that's what I did with my 69 barracuda. I got the paint mask from challengergary

Attachments

• 129.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 231
Buddy had a very thin decal of stripes on his 66 Cyclone hood, could barely feel them but he said they were decals. Lasted for years. Might have been painted though. That car had some pretty clean lines for a 66 model.

Buddy had a very thin decal of stripes on his 66 Cyclone hood, could barely feel them but he said they were decals. Lasted for years. Might have been painted though. That car had some pretty clean lines for a 66 model.

if your car don`t sit in the sun all day every day, they`ll last longer too / just replaced the stripes on my 02 ram, last spring !

How much stripe do you guys wrap in the door/jambs?
The factory stripe on my cuda had about a 1/4 in. of stripe in the jambs. So that's what I made sure it had when I put it back on

-
Back