Cut input shaft with register bearing

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
So the story is I did a 5.7 Hemi swap in my 67 Dart and originally used my 833. I cut around 5/8" off the tip to work with the Hemi as the crank on it wasn't drilled out to accept the full length of the input shaft and ran a register style bearing. I've since swapped to a 6 speed and am working on selling the 4 speed. I have someone interested now, but want to be sure that I'm not misleading them by saying it will work for them.

The primary question is, will a cut input shaft still be useable in an older engine? In this case, my potential buyer has a big block and is coverting from an automatic to a manual. I've told him that the cut shaft shouldn't be an issue as long as he uses a register style bearing, but I want to be sure that that is an accurate statement. I searched through a couple threads and it seemed okay, but I figured a few extra opinions wouldn't hurt.

So the story is I did a 5.7 Hemi swap in my 67 Dart and originally used my 833. I cut around 5/8" off the tip to work with the Hemi as the crank on it wasn't drilled out to accept the full length of the input shaft and ran a register style bearing. I've since swapped to a 6 speed and am working on selling the 4 speed. I have someone interested now, but want to be sure that I'm not misleading them by saying it will work for them.

The primary question is, will a cut input shaft still be useable in an older engine? In this case, my potential buyer has a big block and is coverting from an automatic to a manual. I've told him that the cut shaft shouldn't be an issue as long as he uses a register style bearing, but I want to be sure that that is an accurate statement. I searched through a couple threads and it seemed okay, but I figured a few extra opinions wouldn't hurt.

All true!

-
Back