Cylinder has spark but not firing..

-
Love the top radiator hose.

My holley is having issues still in one of the miture screws. I think i may get a 650 for it. Your right a 780 is too big. I had to switch to my thermoquad, which is also too big. 850cfm

As I said in your other thread. Use the Thermoquad. It's not too big. That 850 rating is the maximum it will flow. Thermoquads only flow what the engine demands. If the engine only demands 650, that's all it gets.

Yes. I build them all the time.

Also a possibility. As long as proper torquing sequence is followed and the engine never reaches critical temperatures, the new manifold should be just fine.

True, but there are other reasons. Off the top of my head. Valve in factory exhaust manifold opperating incorrectly. Also anything that might cause it to heat unevenly even if it doesn't get real hot.

How do they do that? Are they rebuildable?

Their primary's are small so they work great with small engines and the secondary's are vacuum operated so if you have a small engine pulling on it the secondary's may not open all the way so in essence they only flow 850 when used on an engine that's big enough to pull the secondary's wide open. They are rebuildable but they have quite a few more small parts compared to a Holley so some guys like Holley's better. As long as it's jetted reasonably close to what your engine needs and you know what your doing their easier to fine tune than a Holley. Just my .02

So it turns out it was the intake manifold being cracked underneath. I went and got a new intake and put it on. Fired right up. All 8 cylinders running good and the carburetor can adjust like it should!

does it run or not, that is my question. if so, why would you remove plug wires and cooling hoses, for a simple carb swap.

does it run or not, that is my question. if so, why would you remove plug wires and cooling hoses, for a simple carb swap.

? Im confused. Yes it runs very well. THe intake manifold was actually warped very badly. New intake is on and it runs great. Now the hlley is having an issue, so i out thethermoquad on.

? Im confused. Yes it runs very well. THe intake manifold was actually warped very badly. New intake is on and it runs great. Now the hlley is having an issue, so i out thethermoquad on.

Duey it's possible the confusion lies with the picture you posted that shows an engine missing a lot of parts (valve covers, plug wires, carb, hoses, etc...) yet you say it's running.

After all this, I would like to see and hear this thing run!

I think it will make a nice ending to this thread.

Please post a video!

After all this, I would like to see and hear this thing run!

I think it will make a nice ending to this thread.

Please post a video!

and then burry it burry it with a shovel and then burry the shovel:-D

Sorry can't help you with that one, but some one will.

You need to host the video somewhere so you can access it with a URL. Like photobucket or youtube. Youtube works best. Photobucket sucks dead rotten moose balls.

Here we go!!!!!!! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oukBcXX7PGQ"]65 Barracuda with 360 - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back