Cylinder Head Famous Brand

-

Tof

Reaction score
Hi all ,

Excuse me for this ridiculous questions but i use a small block in a Dart every day ( 100% dailycar) and my cylinder head is very used .

In my locality for rebuild my two cylinder head the price is very hight and this is my question :

What is your comment for the cylinder head maked "Famous Brand" , the price is very good but the quality ?

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=546172culasses.jpg

I have never heard of this brand. The problem with big house remanufacture companies is there work could be good, it could be bad.

What are the prices of you machinist local to you?

Thanks ,

Well for rebuild my two cylinderhead i do buy 300$ of parts ( valves,valves guides+sending in france) + 520$ for the works for two cylinder head ....... = ~800$ for all (with valves seat if i can the total is 1000$ ) .

Go local. At least then you know what you are getting. "Famous Brand" could mean anything & it could be suspect that they don't print the name of the remanufacturer. If the name is "Famous Brand" then I've never heard of them before.

How is the Euro exchange to the U.S. Dollar?
I'm wondering what shipping would be from a forum member like MRL.

Rumble - I was thinking the same. Last I knew it was close to 1 Euro was $1.40 or so. It makes buying and shipping there cheaper. Even a place like Hughes or Aerohead would be preferred to a mass rebuilder.
Tof - MRL can be reached through this site. It might be worth the time to do so. At least you get what you pay for.

-
Back