Cylinder Head Porting and Power Production

-
Yes but the smaller port places more vacuum on the mixture improving its vaporization rate which improves the mixture at burn time.

Were they all Annular booster carbs? Did you retune each time or was it just a straight swap. Did you find best timing for each carb?

all down leg boosters( Patrick’s are stepped) Constantly played with timing and jetting. Car didnt seem to care what carb was on it, liked 32 degrees
Understand there was half a tenth between the 1025 and the Race demon. Certainly not night and day, but when you have the car pretty well sorted out, difference is difference

Last edited:
What was the difference in the incrementals? Did they run the same at all points except at the top end?

Maybe it just preferred the droplet formation of the Dominator.

What was the difference in the incrementals? Did they run the same at all points except at the top end?

Maybe it just preferred the droplet formation of the Dominator.

i would have try and find old times slips. Honestly dont remember.
Dominator was a couple worse in 60 foot, better elsewhere.
It was not just that engine. I have never had anything not pick up with a bigger carb. Been racing last 25 years after prior to that taking a break for a long while..kids, etc....after my younger racing days.

That said, gonna try an 850 on this new 418. Formula says it wants 830 cfm roughly, so we will see. I bought it because of the color, they dont make it color i want in a bigger carb size..lol.... never had an 850 in my life till this one( its ordered, supposed to get it on 19th)

i would have try and find old times slips. Honestly dont remember.
Dominator was a couple worse in 60 foot, better elsewhere.
It was not just that engine. I have never had anything not pick up with a bigger carb. Been racing last 25 years after prior to that taking a break for a long while..kids, etc....after my younger racing days.

That said, gonna try an 850 on this new 418. Formula says it wants 830 cfm roughly, so we will see. I bought it because of the color, they dont make it color i want in a bigger carb size..lol.... never had an 850 in my life till this one( its ordered, supposed to get it on 19th)

This will be interesting. BTW, the correct color of carb is worth 2 tenths. That’s a verified FACT!! LOL.

-
Back