cylinder heads

-

jockeyshift

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My question is when you have a set of heads fulley ported and polished should have 4 to 5 threads showing inside the combustion chamber

When I got my heads back from the porter I was looking at the combustion chamber. I screwed in a spark plug and there was 4 to 5 threads showing in side the chamber

When I got my heads back from the porter I was looking at the combustion chamber. I screwed in a spark plug and there was 4 to 5 threads showing in side the chamber
you probably have the wrong plug.

LA or B? you want the spark kernal in the cylinder, not the plug threads.

Agreed, a shorter reach plug would be what you are after.

My bad, I thought your plug was down in the hole. You need the right plug reach.
spt-threadreach.jpg

spt-threadreach.jpg

Last edited:
I just found a pairagraf in Max Performance Mopar that said this was done by bad machining

I just found a pairagraf in Max Performance Mopar that said this was done by bad machining

I think you might have misunderstood what you read, because there is no machining done on a port job or head shaving that involves the plug reach.
You need a 5/8 reach instead of the 3/4 is all.

No they remove the hump that covers the spark plug inside the combustion chamber

I don't think they make a plug in in that length any way now the chamber is not 84 cc

Did they remove the plug "bump" like this one? Try a NGK BPR5HS plug with a 12.5 mm reach instead of the "3/4" (19mm) reach 440source head.

906port_3.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back