Dad's Swinger getting a makeover

-
while it was so much work and seems like a lifetime ago. All this work took place just a handful of months ago and all the work took place in a in just a couple months. but now its time to turn the page and start on then next stage.

i was going to pull the motor and trans for rebuild but i got the 1973/360 out of a 1973 challenger so im gong to leave the motor in for now so i don't have to push the car around the garage and driveway every time i need to move it.

3601-jpg.1714764497

View attachment 3601.jpg

3602-jpg.1714764498

View attachment 3602.jpg

3603-jpg.1714764499

View attachment 3603.jpg

3604-jpg.1714764500

View attachment 3604.jpg

also on the winter list is to round up the rest of my interior parts plus some exterior trim stuff and get the fenders off for some metal repair behind them. Also decide if i want to leave the paint as is or try and wet sand the thin layers that are there to get rid of some of the orange peel. i really want to paint it 2006 inferno red ( i had a 2006 ram that color and i loved it )but we will see what the budget looks like when i get the essential(motor plus interior/exterior) stuff done.

so i look forward to digging back into it and some updates with pics soon as the motor and the front of the car come apart.

Good work you guys are doing.
I noticed the engine you installed didn't have the A Body 90º oil filter adaptor, but the straight truck adaptor. Were you able to install an oil filter on the engine with the straight adaptor?

Nice job.

George

sorry i missed this earlier but i used a short filter bought for a 74 dart swinger 318 and it clears and works with no issues.

I like that pin stripe you have... My 70 dart custom came with that same one... Was thinking about keeping it after the restoration, now I am thinking a bit harder about it...

I like that pin stripe you have... My 70 dart custom came with that same one... Was thinking about keeping it after the restoration, now I am thinking a bit harder about it...

thanks

im sure it could be nicer if done by someone that knows what they are doing lol but im ok with it not being perfect and me dong it on my car

decided i wanted a tail stripe and did not want to spend 100.00 and it did not have to be perfect in this daily driver lol.i will figure out the pin stripe stuff later on
st1.jpg
st2.jpg
st3.jpg
st4.jpg
st5.jpg
st6.jpg
st7.jpg
st8.jpg
st9.jpg
st10.jpg
t

still some work to do getting the old pinstripe off the side and add new stuff to the hood and tail stripe

Last edited:
you did a nice job but I sure liked it better without the red.

Ya kinda undecided yet on how I feel about it. But it's done and if it don't grow on me It will be a good excuse to paint the Whole car for next summer lol.

I think the tail stripe turned out good. Sorry, but that hood looks horrible though in my opinion. Easy enough to change though.

Yes the more I look at the good the more I wanna puke lol. It was an off the wall gallon of midnight blue paint from a place that's not even open anymore. So out with the hideous pics and tomorrow it's flat black with it.

Last edited:
ok hood has been stripped and repainted. its not perect and not gonna be an exact match but its better than the crappy red **** i put on there lol.

h1.jpg
h2.jpg
h3.jpg
h4.jpg
h5.jpg

-
Back